£500 Honda build - Page 3
Close

£500 Honda build

This is a discussion on £500 Honda build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by kenessex As far as the disc goes. Honda used the same bolt pattern on lots of stuff, so the disc from one ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: £500 Honda build

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    As far as the disc goes. Honda used the same bolt pattern on lots of stuff, so the disc from one of the years Shadow 750 used a single disc of the same diameter and bolt pattern, but a different look. I used one on my FT500 with a 17" wheel. I got it on e-bay for less than $25. It was in great shape as it hadn't been used hard.
    VT1100 and VF750C discs have the same part number. There's some very decent ones on US ebay for reasonable money, but by the time you include postage, VAT, and the Royal Mail handling charge, not so cheap.
    I'll have to keep looking for now.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Spent a good few hours in the shed recently, forks have had new seals, and oil, new plugs, air fillter, valve clearences adjusted. A number of o-rings/gaskets/cables replaced.
    Hagon shock fitted, and a lot of the wiring sorted.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

A few more bits and bobs done....

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

As usual... nice work and looks good..... and congrats on having such a well organized shop.
    May I ask where you ordered the brake lines from? Any chance you could tell me approximately how long that rear brake line is? I need one for a project and that one looks like it would be really close.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    As usual... nice work and looks good..... and congrats on having such a well organized shop.
    May I ask where you ordered the brake lines from? Any chance you could tell me approximately how long that rear brake line is? I need one for a project and that one looks like it would be really close.
    Cheers..... The brake line is 870mm (including banjos). I've been buying all my brake hoses from a company called Wezmoto through ebay for a good few years now.
    Really good quality, come with stainless banjos, bolts, and copper washers. This set cost just under £40 inc p&p.

Made a huge mistake this morning, and added up the cost so far.
    I'm in for a monumental bollocking from the missus if she ever finds out.
    Anyway a few jobs have been ticked off over the last few weeks. Callipers sorted, exhaust fitted, radiator assembled, and finally got round to torquing the swinging arm pivots (Had to borrow some tools for that one).

Bollock... meh.... now bullock... thats something to be concerned about.... although I suppose with a really lengthly monumental bollocking you could end up with the same result. They would eventually just drop off on their own.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

That comes as no surprise at all. How on earth do you manage to get every part looking like new? Many parts come back from plating that still don't look that good even if they are cleaned and dressed and repaired etc first. Do you just replace all teh hardware or is there a trick I didn't learn at school?

Quote Originally Posted by Teazer View Post
    That comes as no surprise at all. How on earth do you manage to get every part looking like new? Many parts come back from plating that still don't look that good even if they are cleaned and dressed and repaired etc first. Do you just replace all teh hardware or is there a trick I didn't learn at school?
    I've replaced the vast majority of fixings with new stainless ones. The chrome silencer was badly pitted, alhough it did clean up okay wouldn't have been long before it looked bad. so it got replaced with a new stainless system.
    Some parts I've mirror polished, and a lot have been powder coated, the rest have cleaned the best I can.
    The body work is in quite good nick. A friend is currently touching up a few scuffs in the seat cowl, and front mudguard. The tank, and side panels should polish up okay once I've gone over them with some 3000 grit wet&dry.

how much how much how much?

i can hide it all in a business nowadays. helps with tax they say.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links