£500 Honda build - Page 4
Close

£500 Honda build

This is a discussion on £500 Honda build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just shy of 3 grand, but I've still got to buy a front disc, brake pads, and tyres....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: £500 Honda build

Just shy of 3 grand, but I've still got to buy a front disc, brake pads, and tyres.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

looks nice but.

Having chosen to completly ignore the good advice given by unclerob concerning the new front disc, I fitted a new EBC Prolite this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

ya front wheel's gunna hit the road mate eh.
    steveo likes this.

There ya go brad.....Sorted.

This little project's turned into a bit of a mission. I had it running well before being stripped down, but since then it has been popping on over run, then started running rough at 4000 rpm, so spent many hours chasing a non existant air leak, and split diaphragms amongst other things. When started up last week was only running on one cylinder. Checked valve clearence (again), coils, pulse generator, and fuel height which were all good. The carbs had already been off 3 or 4 times, and cleaned with carb cleaner, and compressed air. So as a last resort had them ultrasonically cleaned. Put them back together this morning. What a difference running as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    This little project's turned into a bit of a mission. I had it running well before being stripped down, but since then it has been popping on over run, then started running rough at 4000 rpm, so spent many hours chasing a non existant air leak, and split diaphragms amongst other things. When started up last week was only running on one cylinder. Checked valve clearence (again), coils, pulse generator, and fuel height which were all good. The carbs had already been off 3 or 4 times, and cleaned with carb cleaner, and compressed air. So as a last resort had them ultrasonically cleaned. Put them back together this morning. What a difference running as it should.
    What do you use in the ultrasonic cleaner?

I've been using simple green, with results that aren't that great, but then my cleaner doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders either.
    It's no wonder these carbs need a ultrasound cleaning with the size of some passageways. This jet arrived in a selection that I ordered.... it was supposed to be a 32.5. I thought about drilling it, but didn't have the correct size bit and its a guessing game anyway unless you have a good jet to use as a referance. Drilling mains is one thing, but primary jets are another.

Name:  Jet 32.5 copy.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  170.1 KBName:  Jet drill.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  78.8 KB
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Funny you should mention pilot jets Cyorg. After all the issues I was having I ordered new ones from NRP Carbs, along with float needles/seats. for £30 seemed silly not to.
    As for the ultrasonic cleaner I've had good results using a 10% mix of this with distilled water....... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carburett...oAAOSw7wFcATTw

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    There ya go brad.....Sorted.
    what are they? they look a little like someone took on michelin's road 5 without trying to be an obvious copy.

one of my old bosses told me about using an oil can to clean carb passages once, and i've used it a couple of times to amazing effect. just an old school pump can and some 20/50. the oil viscosity moves stuff air wont.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links