£500 Honda build - Page 5
Close

£500 Honda build

This is a discussion on £500 Honda build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by brad black what are they? they look a little like someone took on michelin's road 5 without trying to be an obvious ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: £500 Honda build

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    what are they? they look a little like someone took on michelin's road 5 without trying to be an obvious copy.
    Dunlop Sportsmax. £155 fitted seemed a good deal.....We'll see.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

well, they should be ok you'd expect. i'd not seen that pattern before, but i don't deal with dunlops

one thing with the road 5 is that the grooves don't go to the edge, and talking about that with the rep i realised that you probably don't need grooves at the edge because who's going to the edge in the wet? if you are, you're probably not relying on the grooves.

Hopefully get out for a test ride, and MOT in the next few weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    CaTacL1sm likes this.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I don't think you put enough emphasis on the boneline, but it looks terrific. It wouldn't have had the same impact if you had done the frame in the stock colour. It needed to be black, suits the bike better, nicer contrast with your pretty pipe. Braided lines has to be one of the cheapest and easiest ways to improve the appearance of a bike. They just seem to clean up the clutter.

I'd need to check with the building naming committee but I believe Nice Shit Shed is still available.
    steveo likes this.

The last time the carbs were removed and cleaned I hooked them up to remote fuel supply to check the fuel height and for leaks.
    Everything seemed spot on, and after refitting the bike ran very nicely. Until yesterday, as soon as i walked into the shed there was a strong smell of petrol.
    It appears the float valve on the front carb had stuck and allowed fuel to leak down one side of the freshly painted engine....Bugger.
    So lesson learned I guess, don't try to scrimp with rebuild kits on 25 year old carbs.
    I friggin hate bikes sometimes.

Not much consolation but at least you can identify the issue and cause rather than having to chase a problem down. Go back to page one, then take a look at it now...feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Not much consolation but at least you can identify the issue and cause rather than having to chase a problem down. Go back to page one, then take a look at it now...feel better?
    Until earlier today I'd have probably replied...No not really.
    Within 10 minutes of getting home from work tonight I received a phone call saying my daughter had been involved in a serious car crash.
    Turns out she was taken out by a driver of a large van, who has been arrested for drug driving.
    Certainly brings home how quickly the really important things in life can go tits up.

hope she comes out well man.

Geezus Steveo, so sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope she is ok. Nothing else matters when loved ones are hurting.

OMG Steveo that's terrible news, best thoughts and wishes for her speedy recovery.
    "drug" driving or drunk driving? Here they just call it impaired but either way that charge against the guy who hits you can be a double edge sword for insurance coverage, watch out for that.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links