£500 Honda build - Page 8
Close

£500 Honda build

This is a discussion on £500 Honda build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I always try to go all Rainman when I get asked about how much those bike parts in the garage are worth - "about $100....yeah, ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: £500 Honda build

I always try to go all Rainman when I get asked about how much those bike parts in the garage are worth - "about $100....yeah, definitely $100"....

hunny bunny is into hallmark/disney/etc ornaments and she was laughing at a gif shared on one of those facebook pages posted in response to someone talking about their wish list for the new releases this year.

i tend to not get too much agro, plus it all goes through the business anyway. only costs me 63 cents in the dollar, and gst back.
    Last edited by brad black; 04-23-2019 at 04:13 AM.
    woodsman likes this.

This is going well.
    Stuck the NTV on ebay last Monday (£22 ffs) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323785884196
    So much for thinking it might be worth £2000. Put the starting bid as £650, and have 1 bid with 2 days to go.
    I even listed it as Cafe Racer in the forlorn hope of getting an extra few quid.
    I've had 3 messages from people willing to pay around a grand, and another from a chap wanting to do a straight swap for his Triumph T595, and tatty VFR750.
    Hey-ho looks like I'll be keeping it for foreseeable.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    This is going well.
    Stuck the NTV on ebay last Monday (£22 ffs) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323785884196
    So much for thinking it might be worth £2000. Put the starting bid as £650, and have 1 bid with 2 days to go.
    I even listed it as Cafe Racer in the forlorn hope of getting an extra few quid.
    I've had 3 messages from people willing to pay around a grand, and another from a chap wanting to do a straight swap for his Triumph T595, and tatty VFR750.
    Hey-ho looks like I'll be keeping it for foreseeable.
    I can't believe you haven't got what you want, here in the land of snow it's a profitable buy at 2000pounds($3500Cdn). Depending on duties and taxes, we could likely import it and break even on the resale. I hope you get a call from someone that recognizes it's worth.
    steveo likes this.

that sucks. it looks so pretty too.

Just a little update. The Dunlop radials seemed shockingly bad at first, but having clocked up a few hundred miles I'd go as far to say they're excellent, so £150 well spent.
    The only issue I've had is with the fan switch. I had to replace it a while back, but didn't want to spend £80 on the original Honda part. So got one, presumably from China for a tenner.
    Only problem was that the fan cut in way to early. Ended up getting a used one from a VFR750, works a threat.
    In other news I sold my R1100 to a local dealer, he picked the bike up this morning. I mentioned the NTV to him, and after seeing it has asked me to restore a Bonnie for him. So hopefully that'll be the next project, and without any outlay.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

well, you can call it advertising then. legitimate business write off right there.
    woodsman likes this.

Great news on the Bonnie, it's nice he's recognized that you do fine work. We already knew it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links