£500 Honda build
Close

£500 Honda build

This is a discussion on £500 Honda build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Picked up this little beauty today from a local repair shop for the princely sum of £500. I've always had a bit of a soft ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: £500 Honda build

£500 Honda build

Picked up this little beauty today from a local repair shop for the princely sum of £500.
    I've always had a bit of a soft spot for NTV's, so when I heard that this was up for sale I couldn't resist.
    It's only got 16,000 miles on the clock, and although it's covered in crap should hopefully clean up okay.
    Also it's got a cracking registration number.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Are you getting a frame off unclerob ?

That's not a bad idea.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I haven't got round to finishing the V twin frame yet but its for the chain drive motors anyway....doing a couple of the Hinckley triple frames at present.
    I've got a soft spot for them too Steve, did this earlier in the year ....
    Name:  012.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  129.3 KB
    steveo, woodsman and Geeto67 like this.

My first thought was to get the bike running, quick clean up, and flog it on. It's already gone a bit beyond that. Got the bike running
    easliy enough, but have decided to do a bit of a resto, which makes no sense at all.
    So far the only issue has been a seized engine mounting bolt, which was a right mission to get out.
    I know a lot of you on here love $500 Honda builds. so here goes.
    Mark Burton likes this.

jcw and Norton 357 like this.

That video is insane. I'm sure I can hear the tire squealing under brakes and hardware dragging around corners. His corner entry speed is impressive. I have been on the deck carrying less corner entry speed than that. I feel humbled.

BTW, you didn't buy that bike from my brother in Frome by any chance? He rode his for years and took it to Australia and brought it back to the UK when he came back.

i reckon you're right about the tyre squeal. he's certainly making the most of it. love the speed he goes at corner entry past some of those who've just past him on the straights.

Quote Originally Posted by Teazer View Post
    That video is insane. I'm sure I can hear the tire squealing under brakes and hardware dragging around corners. His corner entry speed is impressive. I have been on the deck carrying less corner entry speed than that. I feel humbled.

BTW, you didn't buy that bike from my brother in Frome by any chance? He rode his for years and took it to Australia and brought it back to the UK when he came back.
    The NTV came from a repair shop in Colchester. Last year the previous owner had a ton of work done, but never paid the bill. So I picked the bike up for reasonable money (or so I thought at the time).
    This CL360 ended up in Frome a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    That is such a good example of what you can do with a single disc and the proper tires. The "fast guys" on the I 4s were on the brakes while the NVT rider was still at full throttle. That looked like a lot of fun. Was that you riding steveo?

I raced with a single disc for years and never had issues with other riders out-braking me, it gets down to how much do you trust the brake you have and your ability, and how much balls you have.

Good video.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links