CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver - Page 17
Close

CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver

This is a discussion on CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Got so carried away with my suggestion for your clutch lever problem, I forgot to comment on your built. Sweet. I'm sure it will turn ...

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver

Got so carried away with my suggestion for your clutch lever problem, I forgot to comment on your built. Sweet. I'm sure it will turn a few heads when you ride down to the Spinne Brueke on a sunny Sunday for a cup of coffee and a Currywurst.

Managed to get the bike out of the bomb shelter. I’m pretty disappointed in the paint job though. The fairing ended up a completely different color than the tank. I used the same paint but what a difference, especially in the flat light. Only thing I can figure is the tank didn’t get primed grey before the silver paint went on. I’m going to hold off on the livery and try to get the tank to match the fairing.

Also ordered a new tachometer which will be here soon. This old gal is SCREAMING when I hit 4th gear haha...
    Name:  FE3D91BE-CA45-4AE1-AC6D-B12503CB8A31.jpeg
Views: 132
Size:  3.94 MB

I picked up an entirely new instrument cluster for the bike. The old tacho sounded like this before I replaced it.....

What's that noisy chainey sound you ask? Balancer chain adjustment needs more attention still. I adjusted it down, but now the adjustment swingarm is maxed out and the balancer chain still makes hella noises, I've attached a photo looking into the case through the right side cover.
    Name:  bal.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  1.55 MB

I did some reading on the HondaTwins forum, and it sounds like you can re-tension the balancer chain tensioner spring (effectively re-setting the tensioner swing arm) but it needs to be done carefully. There is a small punch mark made on the end of the balancer chain adjuster and it should be between 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. If it gets past 9 o'clock the balancer chain must be replaced. I peeked through the right side cover and it my balancer chain adjuster has the punch mark just above 3 o'clock currently. I will have to drain the oil and pull the cover to make this adjustment.

I also got my new R/R in the mail, so that will go on this week as well as the Lithium Ion battery. This will round out some of the electrical upgrades - blade fuses, upgraded Regulator/Rectifier, and lithium ion battery.
    Name:  rr.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  1.58 MB

I (hopefully) will pick up the seat tomorrow as well!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

The bike is at a stopping point for now. Here is the before and after, until I can fix the paint and put the livery on it.
    Name:  6C275EC9-C983-4D74-A8E2-2EBACB46FD3B.jpeg
Views: 82
Size:  977.2 KB
    Got it out tonight and drove it around a bit. Can’t wait to get back and start riding it daily!!

Im headed out of town for a month or so. Until I get back it’s gonna be stored in my apartment, because I don’t really have another secure place to put it haha.

So until May it’ll be chilling in my living room
    Name:  3049EF0E-7ED3-4CC7-A292-D1450B181E8A.jpeg
Views: 80
Size:  2.20 MB

It's a moped to motorcycle transformation. It would be easier to match the darker paint and the colours in the decal kit will work. To remind you of evil Cafe Racer wannabe you once were, you should ride "The Freddie Dark Roast".
    jakejensen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    It's a moped to motorcycle transformation. It would be easier to match the darker paint and the colours in the decal kit will work. To remind you of evil Cafe Racer wannabe you once were, you should ride "The Freddie Dark Roast".
    Loool, Freddie Dark Roast. What's more hipster than batch roast coffee? Oh yeah, mircro brewed beer.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejensen View Post
    Loool, Freddie Dark Roast. What's more hipster than batch roast coffee? Oh yeah, mircro brewed beer.
    Fucking Hipsters...they can't have it both ways, they're either cafe racing or bar hopping. How 'bout ....Freddie's Dark Brew, that would get you in with waste land wannabes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    Fucking Hipsters...they can't have it both ways, they're either cafe racing or bar hopping. How 'bout ....Freddie's Dark Brew, that would get you in with waste land wannabes as well.
    Now we're cooking with grease. I'll do you one better, so we don't leave out the wannabe lumberjack "beard implant" fucks in the NorthWestern US........ Freddies Dark Brew Autumn IPA

A dark brew pale ale sounds to hipster.

Alrighty, a month off and I'm back at it.

I think I got hosed on the ebay tacho/speedo. The speedo never worked, and the tach only worked for about 30 seconds. I pulled the calble out of the speedo unit and chucked it into a drill, the needle doesn't even wobble. I've attached a video of it. I'm sending the seller a WTF email, because unless I'm missing something he sold me a broken part. At this point I don't really want to risk buying another used one. Does anybody have any strong thoughts on converting it over to digital gauges? If I'm going to spend 100 bucks on a replacement unit, I feel like I might as well get a new one.

Also, Turns out I bought a different color paint on the tank. I found the lid to the other paint and sure enough, it's a different color. So That will be something I'm working on this week. I also am in the process of putting the reg/rec on. I need to fit up a new mounting situation for it, because the new one is slightly larger than the stock one. I'll get it taken apart and put up some photos later on.

Bunch of shit to do on this bike still. Didn't feel like riding it in this beatiful spring weather anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GGO0EtyJws0

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links