CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver - Page 20
Close

CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver

This is a discussion on CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by woodsman You've done a really nice job on this bike, the way it looks would make me want to go find a ...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: CB400T Shitbox Build - Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    You've done a really nice job on this bike, the way it looks would make me want to go find a twisty road. I for one am so glad you didn't use the Hoekman "Guide to Killing Old Bikes" , hope you are too.

One of the mild changes I make quite often is to shorten the stems on the signals. Use the stock lights but bring them enough that they don't look like an after thought.
    Thanks for the kind words. I think I'll chop off the rear end now and paint the whole thing flat black. Haha

I got a new spark plug and both sides are right as rain.

I like how it turned out. I can see now this is how these bikes are supposed to look. There's still a few things wrong with it though. The head needs a valve job real bad, and the issue with the balancer chain tensioner is bugging me. I just want to get the plates before I bust it down again.

Quote Originally Posted by jakejensen View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I think I'll chop off the rear end now and paint the whole thing flat black. Haha

I got a new spark plug and both sides are right as rain.

I like how it turned out. I can see now this is how these bikes are supposed to look. There's still a few things wrong with it though. The head needs a valve job real bad, and the issue with the balancer chain tensioner is bugging me. I just want to get the plates before I bust it down again.
    My memory is a little fuzzy..... maybe I’ve even mentioned this before, but if the balancer chain adjuster has run out of adjustment, you can pull the adjuster off the shaft ,rotate it slightly and reinstall it on the shaft which will allow you to tighten the chain one last time. Reasonably sure about this, but verify it first just in case I’m full of shit.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

I think Cyorg is right about the adjuster, with his level of confidence. If you want quick answers to engine questions go to Honda Twins there are a bunch of people there that know those engines well.

Didn't read this whole post but it may answer your question.
    https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/62...djustment.html
    Last edited by woodsman; 05-25-2019 at 05:22 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Updates here... got the bike back from inspections and she passed. Bullshit with German paperwork be damned. Ended up having to buy another set of tires which match exactly the size printed on the title. Even though my dunlops are better, safer, and fit. Awesome.
    Got it back home and adjusted the balancer chain tensioner. Here are a few pics
    Name:  20190812_190112.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  3.45 MB
    Name:  20190812_190220.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  3.19 MB
    Name:  20190812_190642.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  3.22 MB
    Name:  Screenshot_20190812-215413_Video Player.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  1.40 MB
    I adjusted it tighter, but didn't dare go too tight. You can see the mark is now just left of 12 o'clock, so there's still life in the chain. It sounds about the same at idle, but when I rev it up it sounds much better. Heres a vid.

That has some serious mechanical racket going on in there, sure hope you can sort it out.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Sponsored Links