1983 V45 Sabre Cafe Racer - Page 11
Close

1983 V45 Sabre Cafe Racer

This is a discussion on 1983 V45 Sabre Cafe Racer within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; don't pay attention to the trolls on this site that ride trycycles like woodsman Originally Posted by brad black it's because we get a lot ...

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 1983 V45 Sabre Cafe Racer

don't pay attention to the trolls on this site that ride trycycles like woodsman
    Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    it's because we get a lot of people posting on here about how they're going to do this and that to something totally unsuited and then get all bent out of shape when they get told it's a dumb idea. even worse when their first post contains the phrase "i've been told it's a bad idea, but i think i can make it work". the people here are mostly bike industry or racer based, and so modification for form is looked on in a much less favourable light than modification for function.

and, by far the biggest issue imo, is that people come here looking for validation for their stupid ideas. i put paso wheels in my monster, because i wanted to**. i couldn't give a shit if no one else likes it, and wouldn't mind at all if they pointed that out. that's opinion and expression. it's the the internet. if you want arse kissing, do the ton tends to be far more accepting of the stupid. here, you'll get good technical advice along with ridicule and derision from people who already know how to build a cafe racer, if i may take a quote.

so, suck it up. take the good, ignore the bad, move forward and shows us something we don't know.

**(well, in truth at some point i thought it was a good idea, but the time frame between instigation and execution was so long that, once i actually started making it happen i was so far down the path of commitment that there was no point not doing it. in truth, i could have bought a nice set of oz from motowheels and bolted them straight in for what i spent making the pieces of 16" shit fit. so, continue).

Quote Originally Posted by RichardZoomZoom View Post
    don't pay attention to the trolls on this site that ride trycycles like woodsman
    why are you quoting me?
    woodsman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardZoomZoom View Post
    Don't listen to woodsman he's just another troll this site
    That's the great thing about forums RZZ, you don't have to pay any attention to anybody. You are allowed to take the grinder out, chop 'em up, add the Dumbos and say it's perfection. I am allowed to point out in my view it's not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Richard ZZ,
    Most of us on here believe that you are a delusional idiot, as evidenced by that travesty which you have had created for you with all of the cliche "cafe racer" parts, from the oversized tires, crappy shocks, over done Mojave tank and USD forks and modern brakes that will tie that crappy stock frame in knots, if you ever tried to ride it hard. You continue to prove your idiocy by attacking well established members on here for no apparent reason. That equates to either childish or stupid in my book.
    Your total lack of experience shows and your qualification to offer advice is pretty low.

Have a sparkly day and try not to kill yourself on that disaster you "created".
    In case I was a little too unclear, you suck and so does your abortion of a Yamaha XS850.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Alright so to bring things back on topic. I heard you guys out, learned my lesson and got myself another bike to work on. I found a 1982 Honda V45 Sabre with only 16,800 km on it, in a well maintained working condition.
    Name:  IMG_20181111_114618.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  2.18 MB
    Name:  IMG_20181111_114626.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  2.11 MB
    Name:  IMG_20181111_114634.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  5.05 MB
    Name:  IMG_20181111_114644.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  4.46 MB

Bike is in a great condition, and seems to have only one problem. When idling as the engine heats up the RPM seems to climb up and stick right around 3500RPM. In other words I have whats usually described as a "hanging idle". I did some reading on it and turns out its usually caused by a vacuum leak. My main suspect so far are the rubber boots between the carburetors and the engine. When the bike warmed up i sprayed the boots with a little bit of carburetor cleaner and instantly heard the engine REV Up. So those would likely need replacing. Any suggestions on what else could be causing it?

If anyone is interested here is a video of what the bike actually looks like and the idling issue.

man, that fairing is some funky shit.

you need to spend some time stylin' it up on the interstate.

that's a nice v45, ride the heck out of it.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

yea i'm not normally super into touring fairings, but that bike is pretty damn cool the way it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

some subtle flames, cup holder, thermos, sandwich

It has similar lines to the Vetter Mystery Ship.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links