How to achieve a rocker look with this bike honda nsr125 - Page 2
Close

How to achieve a rocker look with this bike honda nsr125

This is a discussion on How to achieve a rocker look with this bike honda nsr125 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Andy is right, but we all thought we looked cool when we were young. That sample isn't bad. If you are a learner, then you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: How to achieve a rocker look with this bike honda nsr125

Andy is right, but we all thought we looked cool when we were young. That sample isn't bad. If you are a learner, then you probably can't get away with dropping say a CR250 motor in that chassis. That would make for a much more interesting ride. An RS125 race motor would fit and makes around 45-48HP but unrideable on the street. Someone there must offer porting for those motors to add a few extra horses..

Quote Originally Posted by tara1234 View Post
    Its a 2stroke so roughly equivelant to a 250 4t in power. Im gonna rip the fairings off and put a circular lamp in see where I am then.

I was also thinking of throwing this on top of the seat with extra padding inbetween to make the seat less angled

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Fau....c100005.m1851

I found this one someone made looks ok.

http://suprememotos.com/uploads/post...rat-race-3.JPG
    You could do all that, but it would only prove that you are an idiot.
    Start with a different bike.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshep View Post
    Why?

I thought you wanted something that would keep up with traffic? That's why I said an NSR or similar 125 stroker.

What you've posted will be slower, worse handling and probably less safe than a bone stock NSR. It'll also be worth less money when, if looked after and serviced should see your money returned when you pass your test and can ride something bigger.

If you got into bikes to look "cool" you're wasting your time.

If you did it because it was cheaper than driving, then looks don't matter.

If you like riding bikes, the NSR will ride better as it is and better than your SR.
    Eh the bike has enough power for me, im on a CBT and am able to insure this bike even though it has about 24-28 bhp.
    Speed limit is 70 so about 80 when you account for the 10% +2 or 10% +4 and this bike can handle that. I do like riding bikes, I rode a pushbike around london for about 4 years before getting myself a motorbike, cars look boring and dull and slow tbh, even on a pushbike im way faster than them in the city.

I just dont really like the appearance of the bike, wondering if there are ways to make it look more traditionally biker and less the sort of thing thats associated with doing a wheely in a teeshirt and shorts down an estate.

I got it for function then I remembered I had plans to make the SR into a cafe, considering that cafe racer and sportbikes have pretty much the same geometry most the works already done, so thought if I can change the cosmetics I might have the sort of bike I was after before.
    Last edited by tara1234; 02-02-2019 at 07:31 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Eh the bike has enough power for me, im on a CBT and am able to insure this bike even though it has about 24-28 bhp.
    Speed limit is 70 so about 80 when you account for the 10% +2 or 10% +4 and this bike can handle that. I do like riding bikes, I rode a pushbike around london for about 4 years before getting myself a motorbike, cars look boring and dull and slow tbh, even on a pushbike im way faster than them in the city.

I just dont really like the appearance of the bike, wondering if there are ways to make it look more traditionally biker and less the sort of thing thats associated with doing a wheely in a teeshirt and shorts down an estate.

I got it for function then I remembered I had plans to make the SR into a cafe, considering that cafe racer and sportbikes have pretty much the same geometry most the works already done, so thought if I can change the cosmetics I might have the sort of bike I was after before.
    It is a cafe racer, it's aping the race bikes of its time.

Fairings hide a multitude of sins on most bikes, because if all the gubbins are covered there's less or no design gone into making whatever's behind them look nice.

Yes, you could rip all the plastics off, put a round headlight and new clocks on, stick a hoop and a flat brown seat on, put some oversized USD forks on it, you could probably even find some spoked wheels and of course, leave the mudguard/fender off. The bike will be worth a lot less if you do that and unless you plan to ride on L plates all your life then you'll need to maximise the return to be able to afford your first "big" bike.

These bikes are stepping stones because once you ride something with more than a teaspoon of go, you wonder why you wasted your time trying to improve a 125.

Do you have any mechanical experience? Do you service your own bikes? Does anyone in your family or circle of friends ride and have experience?
    woodsman likes this.

I fear it might look stripped naked beaten and put away wet,
    just ride it like a star and that will be more impressive

Just ride the fucking thing. It's an entry level bike, your a beginner, it's a match. When you can ride beyond the bikes abilities sell it and buy something else. You feel the need to look more like a biker? Then spend money on quality gear and track time, dress and ride like you know what you're doing and people will see your a biker.
    Andyshep likes this.

ok enough we can give you a simple thumbs down or up
    the question is not what you like in looks
    but rather,my dear,how do you look on the bike ?
    to US and those who will observe you riding it
    a variety of poses is key,in the images you present us for this evaluation,by the very knowledgable perps of this chat room

Quote Originally Posted by XB33BSA View Post
    ok enough we can give you a simple thumbs down or up
    the question is not what you like in looks
    but rather,my dear,how do you look on the bike ?
    to US and those who will observe you riding it
    a variety of poses is key,in the images you present us for this evaluation,by the very knowledgable perps of this chat room
    She doesn't sound to far from me. I'll volunteer to be the photographer, she can even try a few of my big bikes on for size.
    XB33BSA likes this.

Ok, stop this shit right now. Learn to ride, sell the bike, then get yourself a real 60-70's british bike. You cant polish this turd no matter how much you want to. You are a kid with no perceivable skills, get your license and practice metal fabrication on something else for now.

I was also thinking of throwing this on top of the seat with extra padding inbetween to make the seat less angled ...
    Faux means fake :| why would anybody want fake leather as long as real leather exists.
    If your original saddle is covered with smooth vinyl and does not feature any seams or patterns imprinted in the plastic material then it is a prime candidate for adding a layer of real leather. Just find somebody who is discarding an old leather couch or office chair, add the cost of some contact cement and you will end up with a comfortable durable saddle that won't have you slipping and sliding all over it.

Oh and motorcycles that have no front fender are totally idiotic unless you only ride indoors, don't be that idiot and don't carry on about it looking cool because it looks stupid, incomplete and can adversely affect your front fork performance, there is no up side to road spray in your face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links