1979 Suzuki GS750 cafe project
Close

This is a discussion on 1979 Suzuki GS750 cafe project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Bought this for 400$ last night. will post updates as we go!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 1979 Suzuki GS750 cafe project

Bought this for 400$ last night. will post updates as we go!Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  1.31 MB
    Last edited by MasonTH; 04-23-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Does it run? That's an L isn't it?

is that one of the "cruiser" ones?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

It's the E series. I bought the original tank on ebay last night as well. Bike doesn't run, will be doing carbs tomorrow to see if I can get some life into it!

Oh my :| hopefully it included a basket of parts?
    The tires would imply the P.O. was attempting to create a humongous dirt tracker, in which case they might as well have discarded the front brakes completely. Or more likely a bobber chop, in which case putting money into new lug tires was a dumb idea before they had a running motor. What are you hoping to do with it?

First bike! Its mainly for the project side of things, I just went through a separation and wanted something to focus on.

I would like to see where the original tank settles down, hopefully I wont have to do frame work to have a lower profile seat look nice... straight lines on café racers inspired me, I would like to see a clean line from the bottom of the tank to the tail, but if that's not possible I can deal. will be getting lighter tires for sure..

going to powder the frame in the coming weeks once I figure out if I need to mod it at all.
    Last edited by MasonTH; 04-23-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonTH View Post
    ... hopefully I wont have to do frame work to have a lower profile seat look nice... straight lines on café racers inspired me, I would like to see a clean line from the bottom of the tank to the tail, but if that's not possible I can deal. will be getting lighter tires for sure..

going to powder the frame in the coming weeks once I figure out if I need to mod it at all.
    I can tell you right now; this is maybe not the best place to find assistance with creating a riderless indoor art project out of scrap motorcycle parts and putting expensive paint on an unimpressive chopped up frame before you even have a complete and running motor will be considered to be a totally stupid idea by any real motorcycle rider. If you can't get it running then this is a good place to ask for technical assistance.

Sorry to hear of your recent separation :I would highly recommend you get yourself a dog, that will give you company, keep you occupied and dogs are extremely faithful to their master.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 04-23-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Ews
    Like Trials said, get that engine going first, everything else is pointless if the thing cant go down the road under its own power
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    I can tell you right now; this is maybe not the best place to find assistance with creating a riderless indoor art project out of scrap motorcycle parts and putting expensive paint on an unimpressive chopped up frame before you even have a complete and running motor will be considered to be a totally stupid idea by any real motorcycle rider. If you can't get it running then this is a good place to ask for technical assistance.

Sorry to hear of your recent separation :I would highly recommend you get yourself a dog, that will give you company, keep you occupied and dogs are extremely faithful to their master.
    True! but as I said above, tomorrow will be the test, obviously future plans get dampened with bumps in the road. hopefully tomorrow night I will have it running.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonTH View Post
    .... hopefully tomorrow night I will have it running.
    That would be awesome and I for one will be totally impressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links