My little CB100 - Page 2
Close

My little CB100

This is a discussion on My little CB100 within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; yea, that's high. beats me, just doesn't make sense. greed of the money.............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My little CB100

yea, that's high.

beats me, just doesn't make sense.

greed of the money..........
    "If it ain't raining, I'm riding"~~~~~~{iii}?~~~~~~~prost~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by mitchi View Post
    Agreed...........................but fun to learn on.

I'm no expert mechanic, and I'm using this and my CB/SL350 bike to tear apart and rebuild as a learning tool more so.

So, mostly as said above a nostalgic toy, to run around the hood, and maybe back and forth to work at times.
    Is that a CL125 tank? I'm curious how it fits on a CB100 frame. Do the mounting points line up?

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    You guys are lucky to have such low insurance rates and lax road certification laws you can entertain fixing up an old bone like that to put on the road. Doesn't happen up here any more, is just too impractical.
    No inspections and the insurance on my FZ1 is $120 a year. Oddly enough the KZ750 costs $5 more for some reason.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    Is that a CL125 tank? I'm curious how it fits on a CB100 frame. Do the mounting points line up?
    The tank fits fine, just a booger to get the rubber over the tab on the rear.

However, was soaking the tank with the vinegar treatment, and started to notice pin holes on the bottom.

Metal is paper thin there, gotta figure out how to quick fix it. I really like this tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Flexible fuel cell bladder would work, basically a big plastic bag that you stuff inside the old rusty tank and that has a cap and everything.
    Never seen one for motorcycles :| [email protected]$%^ there I just gave away another billion $ idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Flexible fuel cell bladder would work, basically a big plastic bag that you stuff inside the old rusty tank and that has a cap and everything.
    Never seen one for motorcycles :| [email protected]$%^ there I just gave away another billion $ idea.
    lol......

Well, got the engine top end done, back together, and in the bike.

Put the kicker pedal on, then it stripped. Couldn't kick it any more.

So coming back out and tear down again.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Kick levers on the small displacement bikes are not very well made, I used to go to swap meets and buy up kick levers from larger displacement street bikes and then make them fit. Had good luck with kick levers off of 4 cylinder bikes, they were longer, stronger and way better designed, was just a matter of finding one that held the spline shaft well enough and cleared the foot pegs on the down stroke.

If you have to replace it anyways... What if you try drilling it for a through-bolt first?

The idea would be to just put a bolt through the kick lever and the splines. That should work as a near permanent solution until you have another reason to pull the motor
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    If you have to replace it anyways... What if you try drilling it for a through-bolt first?

The idea would be to just put a bolt through the kick lever and the splines. That should work as a near permanent solution until you have another reason to pull the motor
    Make it a very small hole if you go that route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links