KZ1100 LTD build
Close

KZ1100 LTD build

This is a discussion on KZ1100 LTD build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello all. I JUST backed out of buying a KZ1000ST after learning about how much different it was from the other KZ1000's and really not ...

KZ1100 LTD build

Hello all. I JUST backed out of buying a KZ1000ST after learning about how much different it was from the other KZ1000's and really not wanting to do a shaft drive build. Instead, I'm going to be buying a 79 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD from a co worker friend that I a carpool with. This will be a MUCH better starting platform for me, I believe. From the brief research I've done, the 77-80 LTD's have the same seat base as the standard models, so I should be able to find a suitable cafe style seat/cowl for it pretty easily. Most of the initial build will just be stripping it all down and seeing what needs to be replaced or simply omitted. I want to end up with a very simple looking bike. I guess the LTD's are not a super common starting platform, but the build that I've seen turn out looking pretty good. I'm buying it REALLY right, I think. I'll post details and photos once I get it.

Warner

some questions:

does it run?
    does it have a title?
    do you have a motorcycle riders license/ what's your riding experience?
    what's your level of mechanical experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

[QUOTE=CaTacL1sm;636711]some questions:

does it run? Not currently, but it did. I'm buying it from a friend/co-worker who I trust. Needs a battery and carb refresh for sure.

does it have a title? Yes

do you have a motorcycle riders license/ what's your riding experience? Yes to license. Current bike is a 1990 CBR1000F (original Honda Hurricane). Just sold a Buell XB12Scg. Raced a GSX-R1100 back in the day. Been riding for over 40 years

what's your level of mechanical experience? I can do the work on it. What I can't do, I have a friend who can do it.

Warner

Sponsored Links