1978 Triumph Bonneville project - Page 7
Close

1978 Triumph Bonneville project

This is a discussion on 1978 Triumph Bonneville project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Well that was an interesting few days. After work on Thursday thought I'd get a couple of small jobs done. On fitting the rear brake ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1978 Triumph Bonneville project

Well that was an interesting few days. After work on Thursday thought I'd get a couple of small jobs done.
    On fitting the rear brake lever realised the linkage was going to foul the swinging arm pivot nut, so started removing the pivot and fit it from the other side of the frame.
    Should have been an easy enough job but the drift got stuck under the pivot at the mid way point.
    Eventually got the drift out but by then iI'd totally fucked up the end of the pivot, Couldn't move it either way.
    Fortunately a mate dug me out of a very deep hole. 2 hours of drilling got the job done with minimal damage. Just as well one of us knew what we were doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

You should ask Santa for one of these. Maybe find an old proper one at a swap meet.

https://www.harborfreight.com/9-Way-...Set-63729.html
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Started fitting the new wiring loom, coils, and the new rectifier does away with the Zener Diode.
    Many hours spent trying to route cables, and wiring.
    TrialsRider likes this.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

It's been a few months since I've been able to roll the T140 about.
    Had a bit of a disaster with the electrics. Last week I had a spark but no indicators or headlight. This week the indicators and headlight are working but no spark.
    Turns out I'd left the ignition on for to long and fried the black box.

New Peashooters fitted.
    Tanshanomi likes this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links