budget 2002 sv650 cafe racer - Page 3
Close

budget 2002 sv650 cafe racer

This is a discussion on budget 2002 sv650 cafe racer within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I read this with interest and what you have done looks in proportion and aesthetically pleasing. I have a 2002 sv 650s myself just got ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: budget 2002 sv650 cafe racer

I read this with interest and what you have done looks in proportion and aesthetically pleasing.
    I have a 2002 sv 650s myself just got it a month or so ago and it has surprised me how a small v twin with just 70hp and around 380lbs performs so well, its no rocket ship but its handling keeps you entertained and the more i use it the more i like it.
    I plan on putting my SV on a diet everything i own ends up being looked at for what is not 100% necessary yet stay legal and practical for intended use. If you can shed a side stand inhibitor switch and associated wiring , and save 100 grams, and look at everything else with the same dietitians eye the grams turn to kilograms and its amassing what you can save. Tyres are not created equal a little research can give the weight saving and even chains vary in weight.
    Holes weigh nothing remember and as long as structural integrity of a component is not compromised is free power to weigh ratio gain , it as become a obsession with me and along with reducing overall gearing, good things can happen often at zero or low cost.
    gt alex likes this.

Holes weigh nothing remember and as long as structural integrity of a component is not compromised is free power to weigh ratio gain , it as become a obsession with me and along with reducing overall gearing, good things can happen often at zero or low cost.

Thanks gravel rash I am pleased you like the path it is taking, a 520 spocket conversion is down the track when the budget allows. the rear end has allready lost a lot of weight but it's hard to shed the kilo's on the front.
    I am fitting a after market gauge set since the old one burntout.
    cuting down the oem front gaurd
    changing the duell brake lines
    smaller head light and indicators
    and will try my lighter single throttle body once the rest is done and will keep it if over all performance is the same or better

Gearing I'm not to sure on at the moment. I read the nake sv650 with 1 extra rear tooth is quicker to 130km then areodynamics kick in and the S with fairings gets the advantagem
    I'm going naked and light. I was thinking if the s has 44, naked 45, my cafe racer 46 so as not to give the fairings the edge?

jcw
    There are some CRAZY lightweight SV's. A few are just sub 300#'s but the price to get there is multiple times what the bike originally cost.
    Beautiful ones out there though. It is a great platform to play with from what I hear.

380#'s is probably not that light anymore. Most of the supersport 600's will get close with an empty tank if you go with track plastics and strip the lights and mirrors.
    I am down around upper 350#'s with my gsxr750 now with some lightweight wheels and 1/2 tank of gas in track trim.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I bought a smaller head light for my cafe racer SV650
    It arrived today but the good thing I found was the h4 spare globe I had fitted straight in so I didn't have to change wiring.
    There are no locating groves for the H4 so you just need to face it the same way as the original headlight and cut a bigger hole in the dust cover
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Just got my chinese gauge set, I have done my homework and don't really predict any deal breaking problems.
    My goal is to get all functions working even things a bit tricky for my model including gear indicator and fuel gauge and use the standard speed sensor.
    The only strange thing will be the engine warning light will be repurposed as a oil pressure warning (the chinese must not care about a oil light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links