1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike - Page 2
Close

1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike

This is a discussion on 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 Glad to see you back on it. Put a seat on it, get it up and running, and ride it and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Glad to see you back on it. Put a seat on it, get it up and running, and ride it and see what things you want to change. I love F bikes, always solid sporting cb750s.

If I can make 2 suggestions - dual disc upfront, and the 77-78 cb750F carbs make a world of difference in the ride-ability.
    That's great advice. I'm already cruising the Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    I’m assuming that is the CR7503M tank from Airtech? (don’t see the sump at the back). If so, and you happen to have it off at some point.... any chance you could do a few tunnel measurements?

If you need a countershaft sprocket, I’m pretty sure I have a new OEM one. Only CB750 part I have, so no good to me unless I modify it or use it for a yard art project.
    You got it. The tank and rear tail are both airtech

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    What was done to the front forks?
    The forks got a complete overhaul with bushings new, progressive springs and racetech emulators.......fork seals with new fluid. I can't really remember the preload but the feel is great yet still that old CB feel

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    Hope you plan on cleaning up the wiring on the right side. Seem's like a bit of a hazard. I can just imagine catching that with a boot and losing power in a corner or something
    Yea the wiring is dangling all over. That may be to the rear tail light.

Back in the day when accent lighting was just coming out I had that on the bike.....along with some markers here and there.....wiring may be hanging around from that as well

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Yea the wiring is dangling all over. That may be to the rear tail light.

Back in the day when accent lighting was just coming out I had that on the bike.....along with some markers here and there.....wiring may be hanging around from that as well
    Cool. I just see stuff like that and cringe. Having spent much of my adult life working in I.T. and high end A/V, wire management is a big OCD thing for me
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

My understanding was that progressive springs didnt work with emulators, hence why the racetech springs are a standard winding. Am I mistaken?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

gonna have to disagree with Geeto on the 77/78 carbs as there are few tuning parts available, the accel. pump is very expensive (and difficult!) to get working, and even more difficult to keep working in the ethanol age. Without the accel. pump, they are lean burn emissions era garbage.

The stock 75-76 use the same parts as all other years of sohc 750. They are stone axe simple and contain no o-rings to constantly need replacing. They can be torn down, cleaned, and adjusted dozens of times without needing a single replacement part. Many services don't even require removal, as the float bowls pop right off with just a spring clip holding the bowls on.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    My understanding was that progressive springs didnt work with emulators, hence why the racetech springs are a standard winding. Am I mistaken?
    Progressive spring winding doesn't work well with the emulators...standard winding much better. Your spot on on that.

I've purchased racetech springs a handful of times. It's always progressive for me but it very well may have racetech standard winding springs in it. It looks as if one of the fork seals is leaking so when I tear into it to repair I will know!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbarney41 View Post
    gonna have to disagree with Geeto on the 77/78 carbs as there are few tuning parts available, the accel. pump is very expensive (and difficult!) to get working, and even more difficult to keep working in the ethanol age. Without the accel. pump, they are lean burn emissions era garbage.

The stock 75-76 use the same parts as all other years of sohc 750. They are stone axe simple and contain no o-rings to constantly need replacing. They can be torn down, cleaned, and adjusted dozens of times without needing a single replacement part. Many services don't even require removal, as the float bowls pop right off with just a spring clip holding the bowls on.
    I dunno, my 1978 F always rode better than any of my round top cb750's specifically because of the accelerator pump. The secret to keep it working in the ethanol era is to ride the bike and not let it sit longer than a week. then again most of my riding was in a city environment with lots of part throttle and sudden bursts of acceleration. YMMV. I like the accel pump 77-78 carbs, others value the simplicity of the round tops. Personally I'd shitcan both for a set of kehin CR's but $500-700 is a lot to spend on carbs these days.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Personally I'd shitcan both for a set of kehin CR's but $500-700 is a lot to spend on carbs these days.
    but is it really? once you get past the cost of entry and the cost of setting them up, They're an amazing value
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Ews
    The secret to keep it working in the ethanol era is to ride the bike and not let it sit longer than a week.
    Or spend the time searching for gas stations that sell non-ethanol premium, avoid the ones in shity parts of town and pay the extra $$ for it. Honestly I hate ethanol, I have yet to see any real benefits aside from keeping the environmentalists happy'ish. I notice worse MPG and decreased performance. So with the lesser MPG, I am at the pump more often and spending more money in the long run. I did the math once, at the time it saved me like $400 a year to use non-ethanol premium in my truck instead of regular.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

lol i have a set of the sohc full rack carbs such as gee t oh speaks of
    in sweet condition
    also lol a set of sohc ready crspecials never had there bowels wet neither
    we are motivated to sell its my job now
    ebay links and a pic of my office Name:  054.JPG
Views: 61
Size:  2.33 MBName:  057.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  2.42 MB
    i got a million dollars in parts and parts bikes to move,and some really sought after vintage iron
    like 350 desmo sebring jelly mold tank tz 4 cam anchor in front lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254262320149

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264365125019

if you want any of our parts that are being ebayed ill pull the listing and take off 15% right off the top and some more discviount kicked in as well
    i cant be falling in love with a jillion parts
    but you can bet i am gathering a collection of cool bits to build some tricked out scooters
    i want to build a 2 t twin,in design similar to a rotax tandem

but a a 375cc usung a 125 and a 250 geared together
    dont be a fool and say it wont work fact is it will work spectacularly well
    the 2 disimilar power bands will complement each oither and wont it sound lovely ?
    especially with the lashup being not one tgo one but geared logically the c125 spinning maybe 10% faster maybe even varible pitch fluid coupling with loickup clutch or a very close ration 2 or 3 speed geared couplng with programable lockup and overun clutches
    right then 2 gearboxes final drive and a coupling gearbox
    why has this not been done ?
    oh yeah with variabkle crank fazing as well
    big bang lag bang bing bang bong
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 07-18-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links