1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike
Close

This is a discussion on 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Ever since I bought my Electra Glide I have lost all interest in wrenching and working on stuff. We find ourselves wanting to ride everywhere ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1976 Honda CB750F Cafe Superbike

Ever since I bought my Electra Glide I have lost all interest in wrenching and working on stuff. We find ourselves wanting to ride everywhere and explore new things so wrenching and working on stuff seems to be a thing of the past for me. I'm slowly selling off everything that requires my "love" or "attention" and focusing on things that require no "love & attention". ...ideally I would like just an HD, Honda Goldwing and an Africa Twin...that's it.

I just pulled my old CB out from the corner of the garage...where it has been sitting for years with loads of "stuff" stacked on top of it. It literally feels like a Craigslist find in that it is not running but "ran when parked"......which was like 2012 or 13... something like that. Based on the appearance it looks like a lost and forgotten project but it really isn't or wasn't. I've owned this bike since 2006. It started out for me as an old F that had a Quicksilver fairing for touring. I purchased it from a gentleman from the east coast. I used it for awhile in that state (about 2 years) before it's first cafe transformation. It had a small cafe/bump seat, clip ons and a stock tank.....not the tail on it now.....the usual. It ran like the dickens and a blast to ride but I was never really fond of all aspects of the cafe racer theme at the time..... just some aspects. I was always a Superbike fan so for its next recreation I used the longer CR tank, a different tail (still not the one pictured) and drag bars. I ran it like that for a while then decided to change more things. I went with Superbike bars, different tail, dropped the clip ons and went to proper mirrors, added the little front fairing and a few,other things, went to Daytona orange for the paint......and never finished it. A lot has been done to it. Complete motor overhaul, fork internals...just everything. But now it suffers from neglect. It is a kinda of cafe/Superbike style which I like. Everyone has different tastes and this one's mine.

My intention is to get it up and running, cleaned up, sorted out, use it for a while then sell it. I know it looks like crap now but this was a stunning ride to look at at a time and it road fabulous.....classic CB. And that's another thing...I never really liked modern running gear on older rides. I just wanted to improve era stuff the best I could while maintaining that original feel. It started out for me as burgendy, then a white pearl, and now it's current orange state. Back in the olden days everybody took off everything and drilled stuff out. Some stuff I regret but most not and most can be done right. I want blinkers back on...and not some flush mount crap but some proper ones....like ones off my DR or an Ascot or something 80s like that..I don't know.

Here's a couple of pictures of its current neglected state and ones from its original purchased state. In a lot of ways I loved that quick silver, king and queen seats with the pulled back bars. I wish sometimes I just left it alone like that and road it like I owned the 80s!

Name:  20190715_135824.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  2.74 MB

Name:  20190715_135829.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  2.92 MB

Name:  20190715_135948.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  2.58 MB

Name:  20190715_145113.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  2.33 MB

Name:  20190715_145143.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  2.21 MB
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 07-15-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    CaTacL1sm and Geeto67 like this.

Looking forward to this!
    knappyfeet likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Ews
    You know your gonna ride it again and wonder why the hell you want to sell it. If I had the money I'd add it to my garage.
    knappyfeet likes this.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Lotsa good, lotsa bad there in my opinion. Not really much Superbike there, as that has always been a "stock appearing bodywork" class, and by the time it was sanctioned the Honda single cam was largely uncompetitive with the dohc's and big twins.

Here is how I have mine, maybe give you some idea's. Kind of a "what if" the Honda's had enough grunt...
    KIMG0114 by Sean Barney, on Flickr
    knappyfeet likes this.

She'll get a bath tomorrow....kinda clean it up and see what I want to attack first.

Aside from the longer reach to the bars..which can be solved...it is a cafe themed bike that you could ride to Vegas and not feel exhausted and has the ability to accommodate some sizeable bags for an overnighter. Of course that was with its previous seat pan. Although it sips fuel it's fuel capacity will require more frequent stops than a goldwing but I can't remember a ride with fellow cafe customs where a longer jolt than say an hour and a half was the limit of everyone's bodies. This could take you much further.
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 07-15-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Glad to see you back on it. Put a seat on it, get it up and running, and ride it and see what things you want to change. I love F bikes, always solid sporting cb750s.

If I can make 2 suggestions - dual disc upfront, and the 77-78 cb750F carbs make a world of difference in the ride-ability.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    She'll get a bath tomorrow....kinda clean it up and see what I want to attack first.

Aside from the longer reach to the bars..which can be solved...it is a cafe themed bike that you could ride to Vegas and not feel exhausted and has the ability to accommodate some sizeable bags for an overnighter. Of course that was with its previous seat pan. Although it sips fuel it's fuel capacity will require more frequent stops than a goldwing but I can't remember a ride with fellow cafe customs where a longer jolt than say an hour and a half was the limit of everyone's bodies. This could take you much further.
    I’m assuming that is the CR7503M tank from Airtech? (don’t see the sump at the back). If so, and you happen to have it off at some point.... any chance you could do a few tunnel measurements?

If you need a countershaft sprocket, I’m pretty sure I have a new OEM one. Only CB750 part I have, so no good to me unless I modify it or use it for a yard art project.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

What was done to the front forks?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Ews
    Hope you plan on cleaning up the wiring on the right side. Seem's like a bit of a hazard. I can just imagine catching that with a boot and losing power in a corner or something
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

jcw
    Name:  12348-albums175-picture11125.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  875.2 KB

This beauty of jaisteve popped up on the picture previews...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links