Battery relocation on an ST3 Ducati - Page 2
Close

Battery relocation on an ST3 Ducati

This is a discussion on Battery relocation on an ST3 Ducati within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by jcw This looks good to me. If you get one of those 8 cell lithium fe phos batteries, you could put it ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Senior Member Teazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , IL, .
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    This looks good to me.

    If you get one of those 8 cell lithium fe phos batteries, you could put it in the tail without worrying. Small and light.
    I run a 4 cell in my trackbike and it’s like the size of a carton of cigs and almost as light.
    Thanks. Fortunately you can't see that the whole right side of that fairing upper is missing.

  2. #12
    Senior Member nic579's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,557
    2 4 cells would stash about anywhere but complicate wiring.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Teazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , IL, .
    Posts
    2,905
    Quote Originally Posted by nic579 View Post
    2 4 cells would stash about anywhere but complicate wiring.
    Since almost all the electrical components rear of the forks are being relocated, that's not a real issue. There are yards of wiring that need to be removed as things are moved inside the frame rails.

    Name:  DSCN4982.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  1.73 MB

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member nic579's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Teazer View Post
    Since almost all the electrical components rear of the forks are being relocated, that's not a real issue. There are yards of wiring that need to be removed as things are moved inside the frame rails.

    Name:  DSCN4982.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  1.73 MB
    Just need some good sauce.

  6. #15
    Senior Member jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    10,437
    Just eliminate the battery.
    Plenty of DIY posts about replacing it with a cheap capacitor.

    Just GP start it......
    I am Derby\'s Bitch


    Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

  7. #16
    Senior Member Teazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    , IL, .
    Posts
    2,905
    Run and bump start. Why not indeed. I did have to do that to a VFR750 a few years ago and was surprised that it fired right up. Of course that was back in the days of carbs, so maybe I need to get rid of that nasty EFI and fit a pair of carbs and maybe a set of points.

    NOT.

  8. #17
    Senior Member TrialsRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Teazer View Post
    Run and bump start. Why not indeed. I did have to do that to a VFR750 a few years ago and was surprised that it fired right up. Of course that was back in the days of carbs, so maybe I need to get rid of that nasty EFI and fit a pair of carbs and maybe a set of points.

    NOT.
    I can't bump my BMW no matter how big the hill
    but amazing enough my MV triple bump started pretty easy on a flat battery ymmv.

  9. #18
    Senior Member Cyorg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,107
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    amazing enough my MV triple bump started pretty easy on a flat battery ymmv.
    That’s not bump starting you wanker.... bump starting is a 500 single, 14:1 on alcohol while you are covered in bean oil from the knees down. You time your ass so it hits the saddle relative to TDC compression stroke. Side saddle just as case things don’t go as planned....
    "Non urinat in ventum"

  10. #19
    jcw
    jcw is offline
    Senior Member jcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,066
    Make it look like a sport classic or sport or gt1000. I can never keep them all straight.
    Damn those things are expensive at the moment.

  11. #20
    Senior Member brad black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    935
    you can buy a kit to cafe it. from greece maybe?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •