1997 Kawasaki ER500 project - Page 3
Close

1997 Kawasaki ER500 project

This is a discussion on 1997 Kawasaki ER500 project within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; There are people that know a thing or two about building bikes that mount the plate on the swingarm. I highly doubt there are many ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1997 Kawasaki ER500 project

There are people that know a thing or two about building bikes that mount the plate on the swingarm.

I highly doubt there are many people here who are good enough riders to notice a difference with and without it mounted. And yes, I do have a 1200S just like the one pictured so I have ridden a bike with the plate mounted there. The last time I rode the bike this season was at a trackday. The plate mount wasn't what was keeping me out of the advanced group.

I cringe a bit looking at the single rod structure but the idea of mounting it on the swingarm isn't the worst thing I've ever seen.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like my pictures aren't showing up again. Time to renew whatever certificate it was that just expired I guess...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DesmoDog; 10-25-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

I guess the difference is you guys must enjoy nothing but smooth paved roads to ride on.

If the concept of unsprung weight, inertia and leverage confounds anyone, try this little experiment:
    Pick up a 3 pound weight and wave it up and down at arms length like a swingarm for a while.
    Now pick up a 3 pound length of 2x4 lumber, hold it at arms length by only one end of the lumber, and wave it up and down for a while.
    Bet you don't even have to actually try that experiment to already know; it's not going to go so well.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 10-26-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links