CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder - Page 2
Close

CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder

This is a discussion on CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; progress today back wheel done and back in front wheel in still needs a repair and to be polished but i need to push it ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder

progress today
    back wheel done and back in
    front wheel in still needs a repair and to be polished but i need to push it about
    oil tank polished and in
    Name:  9547.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  751.8 KB

Name:  9546.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  756.9 KB

Name:  9545.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  681.1 KB

Name:  9544.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  837.2 KB

Name:  9543.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  783.2 KB
    TrialsRider and steveo like this.

From what I remember, Teazer, Rosco’s brakes didn’t just “fail”, the discs disintegrated because he had drilled too many holes in them in a weight-shearing effort. Sad loss, great bloke. Great looking build, btw. When are the salt flats runs, and where, Lake Eyre?
    Last edited by peter400four; 01-07-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter400four View Post
    From what I remember, Teazer, Rosco’s brakes didn’t just “fail”, the discs disintegrated because he had drilled too many holes in them in a weight-shearing effort....
    How bad would that suck!
    Somebody had a carbon fibre rear rim completely disintegrate at high speed, that would be equally bad!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by peter400four View Post
    From what I remember, Teazer, Rosco’s brakes didn’t just “fail”, the discs disintegrated because he had drilled too many holes in them in a weight-shearing effort. Sad loss, great bloke. Great looking build, btw. When are the salt flats runs, and where, Lake Eyre?
    30th Annual Speed Week
    Lake Gairdner South Australia
    Monday 23rd March to Friday 27th March 2020

The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
    Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    How bad would that suck!
    Somebody had a carbon fibre rear rim completely disintegrate at high speed, that would be equally bad!
    I had a mate who had a mild off on his CBR600 track bike - rebuilt the fairings and a few other things but either didn't notice or didn't think it would matter to replace the slightly bent front brake lever.

A few laps into his next outing he discovered the brake lever had disappeared....at the end of the straight!

The next rebuild was a bit more thorough....

Quote Originally Posted by dummydownunder View Post
    30th Annual Speed Week
    Lake Gairdner South Australia
    Monday 23rd March to Friday 27th March 2020

The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
    Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
    Bonneville is VERY much like it, and that's where it all started, I seem to recall...
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Quote Originally Posted by grandpaul View Post
    Bonneville is VERY much like it, and that's where it all started, I seem to recall...
    1914. LOL, probably the second guy to drive past Bonneville, had to do it faster than the first.
    Last edited by woodsman; 01-09-2020 at 06:57 PM. Reason: illiterate

Engine is off at Soda blasters
    body work primer applied
    time to sort out the magneto
    front rim and front chain sprocket at the welders
    dam on Monday i have to go back to work in the real world !!!!

this ARD magneto is this a performance one or just a stock item not like a vertex in my chev ?

Name:  954.5.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  836.7 KB

Name:  954.3.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  599.0 KB

Name:  954.1.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  498.4 KB

im thinking it may just be off an old tractor ! edegamakate me people
    Last edited by dummydownunder; 01-10-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    TrialsRider likes this.

I think you need to inspect and service it just as if it came off an old tractor

... remember how old distributor caps would crack and craze and make sparks fly all over the place inside the cap when it is really damp and wet!
    was a huge problem once they started using aluminum instead of copper contacts :| Was always most apparent in the full dark.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 01-10-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    I think you need to inspect and service it just as if it came off an old tractor

... remember how old distributor caps would crack and craze and make sparks fly all over the place inside the cap when it is really damp and wet!
    was a huge problem once they started using aluminum instead of copper contacts :| Was always most apparent in the full dark.
    Remeber fucking over old mate with a lead pencil draw a pentagram under his dizzy cap from terminal to terminal ......

Attachment 99965

the dash is cooming together this speedo i got from India
    Tight ass i am but even the fact that i paid 28.00 aud for speco inc postage cable and axel gear drive could not mod it on to 954rr front wheel
    So its back to ebay this time im going for the 85mm gps driven speedo for around 108 aud ,,, GPS driven ! yer baby
    Last edited by dummydownunder; 01-11-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    TrialsRider likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links