CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder
Close

This is a discussion on CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Purchased this frame over the internet in a whim a few years back with little to no knowledge about its origins or history the photo ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CB750 4 Scorpian Trellis frame rebuild downunder

Purchased this frame over the internet in a whim a few years back with little to no knowledge about its origins or history
    the photo is from the original advertisement

the vendor would not give up the pipes the wheels

ended up the front end went in the trash some Suzuki bent and buckled rubbish

Name:  DSCN8249.JPG
Views: 54
Size:  3.54 MB

engine is almost complete now running methanol mechanical injection hillborn and 40mm webber's for the street

front and rear ends are to be cbr954 front cbr600 rear and thats all sorted

ignition is via ARD magneto its been all put together and now pulled back down ONE MORE TIME ! for paint

frame is marked scorpion 01 and i believe it to of come from some brothers in Queensland the Turner bothers

Name:  81711213_3238730766142754_1401333634094333952_o.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  202.5 KB

i have photos of the entire rebuild and will post as i go dont want to do a full reveal till its done !

Name:  DSCN8084.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  3.53 MB
    TrialsRider likes this.

I can't remember who pulled up at Broadford years ago with Hillborn injection on a CB750 to run in P5. Was it Glen Corrish perhaps? I don't recall now but it looked wicked.

It would be nice if those mechanical injectors and pump could be replaced with modern electronic injectors and driver and disguised if necessary. Maybe use a Microsquirt with 6 or 12 hole injectors for cleaner burn and more power.

Forks look like Suzuki GT750 75-77 models.

yep piss and dribble injection is a pain at best but we hope to run it on the salt lakes later so there with WOT it will be just dandy !
    tank mods to lower it over frame with twin fuel cocks
    Name:  DSCN8078.JPG
Views: 46
Size:  3.30 MB
    tank notched to clear 954 forks
    Name:  DSCN8089.JPG
Views: 47
Size:  3.09 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dummydownunder View Post

engine is almost complete now running methanol mechanical injection hillborn and 40mm webber's for the street

lol for the street!

To be totally honest
    from the first time I seen your frame I thought it looked pretty skinny in the backbone trellis. :| because it appears to be half a trellis short.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 01-05-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    lol for the street!

To be totally honest
    from the first time I seen your frame I thought it looked pretty skinny in the backbone trellis. :| because it appears to be half a trellis short.
    yer the street he has a headlight and turn indicators and a sweet tail lamp !
    Name:  DSCN8333.JPG
Views: 44
Size:  3.33 MB

Love the Peter Brock stickers on the tool chest. Do you have a Torana to go with them? Whatever happened to his race cars and the Alan Moffat Falcons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Teazer View Post
    Love the Peter Brock stickers on the tool chest. Do you have a Torana to go with them? Whatever happened to his race cars and the Alan Moffat Falcons ?
    here is a link to a museum you will like >>> National Motor Racing Museum - Home

loads all over the place the cars that is and no Torana.......
    but i have its big brother the HR "hell razor" ute
    Name:  DSCN8104.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  3.35 MB

here are the shitty mechanical injection pump brackets getting replaced and up graded
    Name:  31564083_10156338005634334_36640851333480448_n.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  410.4 KB
    Last edited by dummydownunder; 01-05-2020 at 06:16 PM.

HR Ute brings back memories. First car I had in OZ was an HR 186 with 2 speed powerglide IIRC station wagon and when it lost top gear, it was time to let it go. I only went to Bathurst once as a spectator and it was insane - concrete walls right up to the side of the circuit, a 100+mph jump and Murray's corner where Ross Barrelli (sp?) died half way across the parking lot when his brakes failed was sensory overload. I could not imagine how brave riders were to race there back then. Boulden, Hansford, Sayle, Niel, Croz, Willing and so on. Those guys with virtually no padding in their race leathers, no airbags and carbon fiber boots and zero run off area or air fences.

Still not sure how they managed to fit their huge balls on a bike.

Remember seeing the Ford 1-2 on TV and I worked at Ford back then, so that was a happy day.

Now where were we? Oh yes, what fuel pressure does the old mechnanical pump generate and could it be upgraded with say a diesel pump or an early European auto pump to increase delivery pressure - or maybe it's enough already. A system with electrical opening and constant pressure in the rail has to be easier to control with pulse width.

At least Metho is pretty tolerant of air:fuel mixture ratios - as long as it's too much it's enough.

things its upwards of 100psi but even thou its all set up that will need sorting so webbers will be on for start up
    got more done on fame today here today's update pic
    Name:  9541.jpeg
Views: 47
Size:  759.7 KB

Name:  954.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  711.1 KB

Great build, keep it up!
    GrandPaul
    Author, \"Old Bikes\"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links