'80 850 Sazook build
Close

'80 850 Sazook build

This is a discussion on '80 850 Sazook build within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I've been buildin' custom bicycles for years and my wifes Uncle said I need to build a "real" bike. Told me to come pick up ...

'80 850 Sazook build

I've been buildin' custom bicycles for years and my wifes Uncle said I need to build a "real" bike. Told me to come pick up this Suzuki and do what I want as long as he gets to ride it when he's in town. Good deal!

That was day one.
    I wasn't to hip on the shaft drive but I wanted to try to make it look as "cool" as possible, for as little money as possible.
    I got about 150 bucks into it (bars, wrap, battery, new petcock and paint).
    Here are a couple shots of the transition.

I still need to shorten cables and wire it back up and then some tlc to the aluminum bits.
    I know it's not a "Cafe", but it was good practice for my next bike....guess we know what kind that one will be!!

Hope ya's don't mind, I thought I'd post one of my bike builds as well.....
    The "El Bastardo"

Turned out great. I like it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

FR
    Both bitchin' bikes. I do like the Suzook chop. A better choice than a cafe I think. Particularly with the shaft, your treatment of that detail works out well with the whole look of the bike, very clean. I like all the frame mods and the exhaust hangers. Wouldn't want to ride it all day, but I'd love to ride it around the block.

FR
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

It's a block hopper for sure!

Nice work bro.

Bring the cables by the house. I got a pot-o-molten fishing weights to dunk 'em in.

Charlie

how do you shorten forks? what's the right way to go about it? looks awesome, by the way.

bcr
    I like how this bike is all motor. I'd put my 1/8 mile index time on the side of the tank and call it good. Is that grip tape on the seat pan?. cool piece Kenny, cheers bcr

Great job! like it! Very cool and you have a good taste,not over done and gaudy looking.

I have a semi custom framed 883 Pro-street Chopper project in my garage that's going to take up most of my extra money and time this Summer. I love the look of the low,lean and mean style of the Pro-street/Drag style hard tail choppers.

Keep the Tank,tail section,seat pan etc. of the Suzuki and you may be able to re-use/trade/sell for you next bike(hopefully a Cafe?).

I think I have the same head light as you off an old project I had,but scrapped. Thought about using it on my new project,but I need/want a more modern light.

Thanks for the compliments!
    The seat is a rubberized type of grip tape, not as uncomfortable as it looks.
    "The right way to shorten forks" You got me, I just cut/shortened the springs and lowered the air pressure and ran the oil a little lower than recomended[] Don't know if that's the right way, but that's what I did. Since she's just a "wake up the neighbors" kinda bike, not a "get away for a day" bike, I figured, what the heck!
    Glad you guys dig it. Thanks

Sponsored Links