NEW BUILD: 1980 Honda CM400T, to be: Cafe of Glory - Page 2
Close

NEW BUILD: 1980 Honda CM400T, to be: Cafe of Glory

This is a discussion on NEW BUILD: 1980 Honda CM400T, to be: Cafe of Glory within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Post pics of the lovely wife....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post pics of the lovely wife.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

pinche: we share the same opinion on frames, id rather have a tubular frame, because it would be, ummm....tubular? but this is my first project, first bike, even. and i dont think i had eyes to see what i wanted or a brain to know what i wanted when i picked this up. so, ill finish it up, make it look kinda (emphasis intentional) cool. ride it a couple seasons, sell it for more than i got in it, upgrade to a CB?

judeyramone: regardless of the fact that you are geeto's GAY uncle, i dont think im going to post pictures of my wife on the internet. she wouldnt like that. in point of fact, neither would i. have a nice day

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I started to clean up my XS400 frame and now it's just a rolling frame. I really want to yank the engine in the CM but still need it to run for another month or two till it starts snowing. I never had my CM stripped down that far and never noticed how weird the frame looks. Hey I've got some EBC kevlar pads and shoes if your interested in them? The pads have less then a thousand miles on them and the shoes are brand new and still in the box.You can have them for cheap if you want?
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:regardless of the fact that you are geeto's GAY uncle, i dont think im going to post pictures of my wife on the internet. she wouldnt like that. in point of fact, neither would i.
    Just trying to dispel an undeserved, and untrue, rumor about me.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

not that anyone's following this anymore anyway... (hey, it was my first thread)

BUT!

I have made a lot of progress:

1. chain is cleaned and back on.
    2. headlight bucket is in. and i must say it adds a little something.
    3. ignition is rewired to somewhat-hidden toggle switch. other little electrical/cable routing issues done too.
    4. using mini-bullets with milled grooves for front and rear turn sigs.
    5. gonna try for a cx500 tank ala borswazie's cb450 build (thanks for the tip)
    6. uni pods on the way.
    7. mirrors on the way.
    8. trying for some f1 yamaha rearsets.

I am nearing completion, pics to come tonight.

so let's see some new pics...

--Chris

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I'm excited to see it. I'm thinking I'm just gonna start tearing down my bike this week. If you need anything from it let me know.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

ok, ok...so its still a bit of a mess. but less mess than two weeks ago.

heres a shot sans-tank/seat:

and with the current tank and seat setup:

and a few more of different angles:

note the wanky aluminum plate i bolted in the middle of the headlight bucket. there's a hole there for the stock ural turnkey ignition (its a ural bucket), which i dont have. i think ill use it for indicator lights just have to fab up something to hold the bulbs and all underneath.

the speedo is on the way, the front turn sigs are on the way, uni pods on the way, mirrors on the way. im hoping to win some rearsets on ebay tonight. im about to hit my budget cap for now...so i hope i win those.

maybe this winter i can think of a tank replacement (cx500) and fab up a rear seat solution... until then, its gonna look more or less like that^.

you cant really see, but i also cleaned and reinstalled the chain. i was thinking of using a marine dry-lube...thoughts on that? and i cleaned out the gunky reservoir and bled and resealed the front brake line. so i have at least one brake!

sms3-

first time i looked in here, but do yourself a favor and scuff all that armorall from the earlier pics off your tires before you go out on your first test ride. but it's good for seats if you like to hang off.

i just use used motor oil to keep my chains lubed and just brush it on with an old toothbrush once/week.

tt

ttilghman: thanks for the tip on the armor all...i guess you mean for traction, or whatev. who needs traction? re chain lube: ive definitely been told that motor oil works fine. i had also read something about a teflon spray-on oil...thats all.

the seat is definitely the weakest link aesthetically, but what are you gonna do?

pinche: thanks for the heads-up on parts. what are you doing with your exhaust? only other thing might be the front brake setup, as you can see my reservoir is moth scraped and the plastic is sun-damaged. if interested, email me a price.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links