sportster featherbed frame kit
Close

This is a discussion on sportster featherbed frame kit within the Project Builds forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Sportster Featherbed Hi all. Firstly i would like to thank all those who have registered an interest in the Harley sportster featherbed frame kits, which ...

Sportster Featherbed
    Hi all.
    Firstly i would like to thank all those who have registered an interest in the Harley sportster featherbed frame kits, which we are developing. And also to thank you for your patience.

After a lot of drawings and mock ups using small diameter tube we have settled on a final design.

The frame will take the form of a Norton slimline frame, made from bt45 tubing, which will have strength and lightness, we estimate that just the frame less swingarm will weigh in at 12.5 kgs, a considerable saving over the standard sportster frame.

A short top tube will be added from the headstock, this will add rigidity.
    Oil will be stored in the main frame tubes, with the filler situated in the extra top tube, with a sight tube on one of the down tubes to check oil level, the oil capacity will be slightly more than a sportster, and the frame will provide better cooling for the oil.

The brit style centre oil tank will now house the battery and some electrics instead.

Initially, the headstocks used will be machined to accept standard sportster front ends. However press in bearing cups will be available if you desire to fit a different front end.

Swingarm will be made here and will be a box section design. Complete with swingarm bushes, the belt adjusters and wheel spindle mounts.

Fuel tanks will be a choice of 5 or 3.5 gallon manx in ali or grp. Plus the more curvaceous sprint tank. The manx tanks will have an option of conventional monza style filler or aero style.
    There will also be a purpose made seat/tail unit.
    The finished frame will allow you to drop a sportster engine straight in and use many of your existing parts.

Frame build will start within 2 weeks and from the start to completion there will be constant up dates and pictures, these will be placed on the website in the relevant section.
    Those of you who have registered interest via email will be sent the same information but may receive more pics than those placed on the website.

If you would like to register interest please go to this link and follow the instructions on there.
    http://www.jwmotorcycles.com/harley-...rame-kits.html

thank you for your time.
    Best Regards from the team.

Tony (frame builder )
    Paul (frame builder/engineer/developement)
    Steve (frame builder and humper of married women)
    Wynne (marketing/research/grp)
    www.the-norley.com

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    Your sportster link doesn't work.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

thanks for letting me know...
    corrected now.
    www.the-norley.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I've been threatening to build a Snortster for years. Once my current projects are done this could be very tempting. I registered interest on your site, but am wondering what generation Sportster engines you are using. I'm guessing Ironheads???
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

first ones will be for evo engines
    www.the-norley.com

so you guys haven't built one up yet and thrashed it unmercifully with a reasonably untamed 80+ incher?

rubber or solid mount XLs/Jackhammers?
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

the first frame will be built up and thrashed as you put it. one guy here has over 70 trophies mainly for 1st's and some 2nd's in classic racing. riding a bsa 900 twin.
    so we may fit the spondon forks and adjustable yokes from that bike.

we know we are not the first to put a sporty into a featherbed.
    what we are doing is providing a frame ready to take the engine. on a commercial basis.
    everything we first make is tested before we offer it for sale.

as was the case with our jag v12 skateboard. our radial engined space hopper. and our 7 litre turbo diesel unicycle
    www.the-norley.com

rubber or solid mount evo?

not many vtwins engines shake with the violence of a solidly mounted evo built and tuned to lay down 80-110 ponies to the back tire

if you want to send them to the USA.... don't count on them being adequate if they merely survive an 53 inch 883

there are many bopping about these parts in excess of 80 inches

it's almost difficult to find a solid mount 53 incher that hasn't been taken out to at least 74 inches

the only requires bigger pistons
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Only one I've seen was from Hogbits . I can't get your link to post up though . I'd assume it's like theirs .
    If they call a sheep a ram.
    And a donkey an ass.
    Why do they call a ram in the ass a goose?

Sponsored Links