Attention - Password and Security Update - Page 2
Close

Attention - Password and Security Update

This is a discussion on Attention - Password and Security Update within the Site Help and Support forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I changed my password on one of their other forums and am blocked out yet again. I can still get in here I wonder for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Attention - Password and Security Update

I changed my password on one of their other forums and am blocked out yet again. I can still get in here I wonder for how long?

- - - Updated - - -

I changed my password on one of their other forums and am blocked out yet again. I can still get in here I wonder for how long?

I am unable to change my password as the program will not SAVE my completed form. I hit save. Nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    I am unable to change my password as the program will not SAVE my completed form. I hit save. Nothing happens.
    Hey there,

You need to make sure your new password meets all the requirements: at least 10 characters long, and includes 1 Upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character. All the red X's will become blue checkmarks when you complete this. Only then will you be able to save your new password.

For anyone on other sites having trouble (or this site), please use the Contact Us function on the site to get in touch with us. Please include your USERNAME and the EMAIL you registered with to expedite your reset.

Thanks everyone

Dayle
    WERA689 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

You can also contact me here by PM, and I can assist with the reset as well. I'll need the same info, of course.
    VSAdmin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    You need to make sure your new password meets all the requirements: at least 10 characters long, and includes 1 Upper case, 1 lower case, 1 number and 1 special character. All the red X's will become blue checkmarks when you complete this. Only then will you be able to save your new password.
    How the F are we supposed to remember a new password with all of that in it?
    TrialsRider likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    For anyone on other sites having trouble (or this site), please use the Contact Us function on the site to get in touch with us. Please include your USERNAME and the EMAIL you registered with to expedite your reset.

Thanks everyone

Dayle
    You guys own triumphrat.net? I've been a member there for a long time and the original e-mail address I signed up with no longer works.
    I've messaged there 3 times and received no response.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl8295 View Post
    lol It's called convoluted security, you write it onto a piece of masking tape and stick that onto your monitor.

I just let my browser remember my passwords. I'm fine unless the computer crashes. If that happens, I just change all my passwords again once I'm up and running. Some folks pay for password managers, which will usually use higher security passwords as a matter of course.

I'm a member at another of their properties (triumphrat.net). I signed up years ago with an e-mail address that I no longer use. I never received e-mail from the website, so it never occurred to me to update the e-mail address on file.

They sent a password reset e-mail but didn't mention it on the website until after. Now I'm locked out and haven't heard back from the admins.

Kinda sucks.
    Sending you a PM.

~ Glenda

Hey there

As suggested here, but not overly encouraged it seems, there are password managers you can use.

Alternatively, we've gotten a few ideas from other communities for more user friendly complex passwords:

You can use four dictionary words, capitalizing each, and change the first and last letters to a character and a number. @irHuckerSpineNolli3
    Turn your favourite nursery rhyme/quote into a password using the first letters of each word, "(M)ary (H)ad (A) (L)ittle (L)amb (I)ts (F)leece (W)as (W)hite (A)s (S)now". [email protected]
    Make your password a passphrase instead. RoastBeefAirIs#1

At the moment, we are concentrating on getting everyone reset and back in to their communities. Once the dust has settled we may revisit the requirements. For the time being it will remain as is.

Thanks everyone!

Dayle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links