Cafe Racer Forum banner

cb360 throttle cables

5K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Johnny Gaijin 
#1 ·
know where a guy can get one? motion pro doesn't make them (although they will custom fab one for 35 dollars and it will take 3 weeks) and i don't know where else to look...

#4 ·
yeah; get mad; real mad; thats how you get help ;). there are several threads somewhere on here about making your own cables, or go to your local bike repair shop and price it. im assuming blindly that you have looked at ebay and done some searching at various other online retailers.

anyone catch the emotipun?

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by Johnny Gaijin

you can't say "make your own" period. you have to say "make your own; here's a fun and easy to understand website: www.makeyourowncb360throttlecables.com" see the difference? one has a semicolon! don't forget the semicolon!
I like your sarcasm. :)

To be honest, I wouldnt know. When someone asks the same questions its always the same answers. If I had to guess then its probably a matter of getting cables longer then you need and just cutting down the cable and the sheathing to the size you need. Any cable will work as a base I am sure. If you have your original cables you can use them as a template to make the job even easier.

#6 ·
cables are double ended, you can't just cut them to size and unless i had some serious reassurance that it was gonna work i don't think i'd feel comfortable soldering the ends together myself. ebay has some extra long cables but nothing in stock (or smaller would be nice) length. might just have to pony up the 35 bucks and wait 3 weeks for motion-pro...

#9 ·
Honda use pretty standard thread on throttle housing and standard size nipples on cables. It really doesn't take much imagination to find a Honda with similar cables and get some of them
I have a couple of sets of CB360 cables if you get stuck.
PJ

#14 ·
Dennis Kirk has this:
$13.95 Parts Unlimited Pull Throttle Cable
Dennis Kirk Part #: C6527
Manufacturer Part #: K286527
Housing Length: 33 in.
Overall Length: 43 in.
Type: Cable - Pull Throttle
Units: Each

More than 10 in Stock
www.denniskirk.com

They have lots of stuff.

Ken

#13 ·
Dennis Kirk has this:
$13.95 Parts Unlimited Pull Throttle Cable
Dennis Kirk Part #: C6527
Manufacturer Part #: K286527
Housing Length: 33 in.
Overall Length: 43 in.
Type: Cable - Pull Throttle
Units: Each

More than 10 in Stock
www.denniskirk.com

They have lots of stuff.

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.