Recommended Newbie Reading
Close

This is a discussion on Recommended Newbie Reading within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have done some really basic stuff on my old bikes. New harness and some wiring on my old Enfield, rebuilt/cleaned/tuned a few carburetors on ...

I have done some really basic stuff on my old bikes. New harness and some wiring on my old Enfield, rebuilt/cleaned/tuned a few carburetors on that and a couple of Vespa's, but that's about it. I am about to start my first project that will require a lot more mechanical knowledge than I currently hold, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a few good manuals or books for vintage two-strokes that will give me a better grasp on the basics.
    If there are any shop nights in Columbus, OH, I would be willing to provide beer and whatever assistance I can offer to just hang out and try and pick up some things there as well...

What type of 2 stroke do you have? I'm in Clintonville and know a bit about the yamaha rd's. Lots of good people in our vinmoto group too. http://groups.google.com/group/co-ohvinmoto
    CO-OH Vinmoto
    nothing to see here...please move along

I am 99% I am picking up a TC-90 tomorrow. It's free, but if it falls through I was thinking about trying to track down an RD actually. This is the first time in years I haven't had at least one scooter or motorcycle so I am getting pretty anxious, but trying to be patient since I know I'll have all winter. Prepped the basement workshop last night for whatever I get. If I wasn't spending more at Ikea tonight on a new kitchen than my next 2 motorcycles combined I would stop by bike night tonight. Next week for sure though!

Sponsored Links