Cafe Racer Forum banner

is the cb100 road legal anymore?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  raven 
#1 ·
i know back in the day that they were legal but ive heard that no motor under 250cc is legal anymore is this true? i like in ky, if anyone can provide answers it would be much appreciated.

#6 ·
Usually a 150cc restriction in interstates and minimum speed limit (at least in this part of Florida)
I haven't seen signs for a few years though

#7 ·
There are indeed brake horsepower restrictions for interstate vehicles

Seems like most states draw the line around 7-8 ponies...... 5 comes to mind for some and there is that pedal thing with 30mph restrictions.

My guess is that if it has a title, legal tags and legal road going equipment ..... sans pedals....

it meets the minimum and is good to go

#8 ·
Certain states also restrict bikes from parkways and other 55mph roads if the bike is not capable of 55 mph.

There is a big difference between road legal and road safe. While the state won't stop you from registering it, common sense should stop you from thinking it is a wise idea to use the thing for anything other than local round town

#9 ·
The fastest I ever managed out of a stock cb100 was just a few ticks over 60mph indicated.

Likely wasn't even a real 55mph and even if so..... I wouldn't want to be on one amongst 70-90mph superslab traffic.

#10 ·
use common sense where and when such a bike is applicable.

#11 ·
use common sense where and when such a bike is applicable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.