sport bike forks on a cafe
Close

This is a discussion on sport bike forks on a cafe within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I am interested in fitting forks from a sport bike onto a cafe bike, most likely a honda cb750. anybody know any reason that it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am interested in fitting forks from a sport bike onto a cafe bike, most likely a honda cb750. anybody know any reason that it wouldnt work with some customizing? Anybody know anyone who has already done this??? I think the added tunability of the newer forks would enhance the performance of the old bike.

go beyond classic.
    What do I know, I\'m just a f*#king motorcycle mechanic?!

you just have to watch the geometry. the offset and all. newer bikes have less trail, bigger in width, and more offset im pretty sure. so it doesnt work well with older bike geometry. but that doesnt mean it cant be resolved with some billet and a nice mill. there are forks out there that would drop into a 35mm clamp. but i wouldnt know which ones or how modern youd want to go. it'd be nice to have a huge dual disk setup and forks from a duc999. there are plenty of bikes out there that have setups like this though. jb would probably know more about it all.

jc

I saw a guy on Ebay with a CB360 where he installed a Ninja 250 front end on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

35mm Honda VTR250 forks are common on vintage race bikes.

Some of the smaller modern bikes have a bit more conservative geometery cause they are meant for less experienced riders.

JohnnyB

I have a set of 1997 cbr f3 triple trees set up for a cb750 (No they are not for sale). I know a few guys who have don ethis swap anf they like it. I had these made because I intend to do the same swap but I haven;t found a cheap enough f3 front end yet.

What I did was had a machine shop press out the cbr stem and fit the cb750 stem (sleved and welded). It is perfect and bolts up nicely.

I did the same swap on a 1974 kawasaki h1 using a 1994 fzr600 front end. the same mods to the top tree and bolted it on. the brakes are fantastic and it looks hella cool. I know of one other guy on the sohc4.com board who used the same fzr600 front (and adapted a 600 rear wheel to the stock swinger also) and he likes it very much. Do a search on that board for the conversion post.

One thing I recomend is gusseting the frame. The h1 already had a spagetti frame stock, the 38mm fzr60 forks really accentuated it until I gusetted the neck. converting to that front and an fzr400 rear took 40 lbs off the bike and gave me better brakes.

If you are close to NYC please drop me a line and you can come by and take a look.

I have a set of 1997 cbr f3 triple trees set up for a cb750 (No they are not for sale). I know a few guys who have don ethis swap anf they like it. I had these made because I intend to do the same swap but I haven;t found a cheap enough f3 front end yet.

What I did was had a machine shop press out the cbr stem and fit the cb750 stem (sleved and welded). It is perfect and bolts up nicely.

I did the same swap on a 1974 kawasaki h1 using a 1994 fzr600 front end. the same mods to the top tree and bolted it on. the brakes are fantastic and it looks hella cool. I know of one other guy on the sohc4.com board who used the same fzr600 front (and adapted a 600 rear wheel to the stock swinger also) and he likes it very much. Do a search on that board for the conversion post.

One thing I recomend is gusseting the frame. The h1 already had a spagetti frame stock, the 38mm fzr60 forks really accentuated it until I gusetted the neck. converting to that front and an fzr400 rear took 40 lbs off the bike and gave me better brakes.

If you are close to NYC please drop me a line and you can come by and take a look.

yah, i thought FZR might be the way to go and I would like to change the rear wheel as well... maybe leave the same suspension setup, just go with some nice Works shocks. I dont think raising the controls a little for some ground clearance would be too much of an issue... im about 5'6" and 135 pounds wet. i need to read more into trail and rake and bike geometry before i go making some seath sled. If any one knows a machinist who would be willing to do some custom fab on some clamps, let me know... thanks for the replies

go beyond classic.

yah, i thought FZR might be the way to go and I would like to change the rear wheel as well... maybe leave the same suspension setup, just go with some nice Works shocks. I dont think raising the controls a little for some ground clearance would be too much of an issue... im about 5'6" and 135 pounds wet. i need to read more into trail and rake and bike geometry before i go making some seath sled. If any one knows a machinist who would be willing to do some custom fab on some clamps, let me know... thanks for the replies

go beyond classic.

forgot to mention this, if you want modern brakes and bigger forks but still want the spoked rim look get a fazzer front end. About the same work to adapt it as an fzr but discovolante has spoked rims for the fazer that work with all the stock brake parts.

everything else that runs spokes these days is a crusier and way to heavy.

forgot to mention this, if you want modern brakes and bigger forks but still want the spoked rim look get a fazzer front end. About the same work to adapt it as an fzr but discovolante has spoked rims for the fazer that work with all the stock brake parts.

everything else that runs spokes these days is a crusier and way to heavy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links