running rich on one side...
Close

This is a discussion on running rich on one side... within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so im fouling out on one cylinder of my CB350, but my carbs are jetted the same. should i back down on jet size on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

so im fouling out on one cylinder of my CB350, but my carbs are jetted the same. should i back down on jet size on the side that is fowling out, or back down on both?
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

It could be float level differences or maybe that the jets don't flow the same amounts. Try swapping carbs L to R and see if the rich side changes sides.

It could also be a worn needle jet difference or the needles themselves. Try measuring them and compare or use a caliper and check the diameter every say 10mm on one needle and while the first needle is in the caliper, slide the other needle in beside it. If it sits higher or lower in teh calipers then it's a different diameter.

It could be float level differences or maybe that the jets don't flow the same amounts. Try swapping carbs L to R and see if the rich side changes sides.

It could also be a worn needle jet difference or the needles themselves. Try measuring them and compare or use a caliper and check the diameter every say 10mm on one needle and while the first needle is in the caliper, slide the other needle in beside it. If it sits higher or lower in teh calipers then it's a different diameter.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

theyre the factory keins, so i cant swap them side to side, but i can swap floats from side to side.
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

theyre the factory keins, so i cant swap them side to side, but i can swap floats from side to side.

How long has this condition existed?
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

How long has this condition existed?
    Inertial dynos just make people cranky

backstory.

i stopped riding my CB350 afew months back (before it got cold) because the left cylinder wasnt firing all the time. i put new plugs, coils (a pain in the ass to find a NICE set for cheap...i lucked into this set), condenser, points and boots on it, to no avail. in the mean time i replaced the cheap emgo's with K&N's, and put on some different mufflers. yes, i know, get it running right before you modify, but i was halfway hoping that the modifications could fix the problem. when i put the mufflers and filters on it i also went up a couple of jet sizes...to be alittle safe. i found a fuse (the 15A that is in the tube shaped plastic piece attached to the battery box on the negative side) that wasnt blown, but the end was broken, but still attached. when i replaced it, it 90% fixed it, but then it started cutting out again. i pulled the plug and it was fouled out, but the other side was a beautiful golden brown. hence my running rich on one side question.

backstory.

i stopped riding my CB350 afew months back (before it got cold) because the left cylinder wasnt firing all the time. i put new plugs, coils (a pain in the ass to find a NICE set for cheap...i lucked into this set), condenser, points and boots on it, to no avail. in the mean time i replaced the cheap emgo's with K&N's, and put on some different mufflers. yes, i know, get it running right before you modify, but i was halfway hoping that the modifications could fix the problem. when i put the mufflers and filters on it i also went up a couple of jet sizes...to be alittle safe. i found a fuse (the 15A that is in the tube shaped plastic piece attached to the battery box on the negative side) that wasnt blown, but the end was broken, but still attached. when i replaced it, it 90% fixed it, but then it started cutting out again. i pulled the plug and it was fouled out, but the other side was a beautiful golden brown. hence my running rich on one side question.

Shiny black or dull black?
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links