custom rearsets - Page 2
Close

custom rearsets

This is a discussion on custom rearsets within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; novella is no longer. i have tried to reach them in palatine illinios and they are just gone. i used to order parts from them ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: custom rearsets

novella is no longer. i have tried to reach them in palatine illinios and they are just gone. i used to order parts from them at the begining of every season. levers and other parts. i tried back at the begining of last season looking for spares for my race bike. the tarrozis are cheaper and better quality. they also sell several different styles. just my opinion. check out this site

http://productiongroup7.com/vRacer.html

they are a baltimore area company filming the tv show about vinatge motorcycle racing. tom tunrball works with the guy sometimes i guess. chris marshall aparently has hours of video. some great onboard of he and buff harsh battling it out.

later
    jc

www.motorcycle-parts.com.au

tarozzis for 235 bucks.

Yeah but do the tarrozis 's come with mounting hardware that bolts up to the mates 550four with out leaving him with ???'s , tarrozis are definately a nice rear set though. Also that vintage race site was pretty cool.

Aaron

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i would bet my mother that the universal pegs that they sell at discovolantemoto.com would work and the price is right. you'll have to come up with some linkages, but thats what mcmaster's for. or i think they carry a ton of spare parts for rearsets on the site. hell, i might order me up a set!

jc

ill see what i can get from chris as far as the vids go. they are really really cool. although i think theyre trying to not let too much of it get out. mikeo has the vids from the end of the sbk season. you should definitely get them from him and check it out. there was a huge crash in the ss race at imola.

time for bed.

later
    jc

JD
    if you look at disco's list for rearsets you'll see they list one specifically for cb500k 71-78. these should work.
    http://www.discovolantemoto.com/rearsets.doc
    I've emailed him before, seems like a decent guy. prices are pretty good.

Raask rearsets can still be bought through M&P in the UK or O'mars here in the states, Phill Little @ O'mars Cafe (763) 745-2255
    the mounting bracket is a little overkill, big cast iron mount. but its definitely strong enough to take a crash or two....or three. and its just a bolt on deal, will take you ten minutes.

I was wondering when you were going to bail me out of the Honda conversation.

I was just saying Joe, for Honda 500/550 fours you'll want the mounting hardware cause theres not a lot places to mount to on the bike if I remember correctly from when I was tainted with a 550/four.

Also I got the BMX with the big axles so Jeremy can ride it at the track.

Aaron

JD
    i must have zoned out when I was those extra long posts, sorry

on your bmx, did you get the extra wide seat for me too?

No and stop taking the fun out of me teasing you.

Aaron

i used to buy them right from the importer. now i think they all come into the country through various channels. maybe not one importer exclusively. but i dont really know. they were the guys listed on the back of the fancy book that came withem. the ones for the 350 bolt to the passenger mounts. which kinda sucks cuz when you stand on them and really jump and donw they bend. probably good in the event of a crash though. im not familiar with the 500/550 mounting position. as long as you get the mechanics and can ake them fit up, you can get them to work. i know alot of people who buy from disco too. anyway, i think we've beat this one to death. and the answer is, spend 2x as much as you wanted, get something nice, and then go ride.

isnt that the way it always is anyway? aaron, id like to ride your bike sometime too if you let me. i promise i wont break it.

later
    jc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links