hardware
Close

hardware

This is a discussion on hardware within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; anyone got a good connection for stainless hardware. or maybe even titanium. how about other than mcmaster-carr jc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hardware

hardware

anyone got a good connection for stainless hardware. or maybe even titanium. how about other than mcmaster-carr

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

DGS
    can help with stainless hardware, but personally I feel its a bit iffy for race bike use..prone to galling at the worst time,and can also be brittle if of obscure manufacture..can supply name of titanium hardware supplier....it aint cheap...David.

X

well, supply away. im not really 100 percent on what a 1/4-20 1" will cost me in titanium, but knock my socks off. im not looking to refit an entire bike, or even most of it. just those neato little parts that i enjoy seeing so much. triple clamp nuts and bolts, the ones on the bootom of my fork legs, i mean, uh, yeah. just some good general info would be nice, since it seems people are looing for this stuff on occasion.

thanks
    joe c

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

......or does this mean we'll have to pay you for the info????

jc

JD
    hey dave, how are ya? get that triton dialed in for this season?

nice signature by the way

quote:
    can help with stainless hardware, but personally I feel its a bit iffy for race bike use..prone to galling at the worst time,and can also be brittle if of obscure manufacture..can supply name of titanium hardware supplier....it aint cheap...David.

X
    Hello Dave,
    I never make it to Maine anymore, but if you give me an address to ship to, I will send you the Norton forks I said I'd give you last year.

Thanks for you help last season at the track, Aaron

DGS
    Hi..well Stainless nuts and bolts in small quantities I genrally score from one of the large marine distributors who are around,West Marine in Maine, but there are distributors all over the place if you are near the ocean..these places are also great for electrical bits and bobs..waterproof switches,DC circuit breakers to use instead of fuses etc etc...On the rare occasions I have used titanium I have used Yoyodyne titanium,They are in Roselle Pk New Joisey..Ph 908-245-0632 my catalog is a little out of date, but an m6x50 tapered head bolt will go about $8.50..personally I race at a level where I can find weight savings cheaper if I go another route.
    Hopefully the Triton will be up and running this season,handling and stopping is now sorted, and hopefully now I have gone back to basics with the motor I can get that up and making power without too much trouble.Big project this winter is a trials sidecar and a new 50cc bike.

X

DGS
    Hi Aaron,I still have the 250 motor I was going to trade you for those forks, and if you let me know where you are I might just come and visit..David

X

david s., i didnt know it was you. it is i, mr clancy. did you guys ever get my mail about contacting dylan??? just wondering. i hope things are going well and tell mary i said hello. give the kitty a scratch for me too. and i cant wait to see your new machine. i never thought of getting things like stainless at west marine. i dont live as close to the ocean as i did in boston, but i can still ride my bicycle there. i guess i could outfit my bike with monel too huh?? mcmaster carr sells alot of different stainless alloy bolts etc....but there are some sizes i cant find in the catalog for things. oh well.

brake linkage question.

if i wanted to remove the little clips that attach the cable to the brake actuator arms on my drum brake, you know, the U shaped thing that the cable end drops into, how would i reattach it to make sure it never comes off?? there is a nice sized rivet holding it onto the arm now. but if i remove that, i dont know that i can find another one like it and install it. does this removal sound like playing with fire?? the reason i want to take it off is to replace it with a nice clean one i have from another setup. i have some really nice looking arms, just the U clips look like crapola. any ideas anyone??? i think david probably would know, i think ive seen him do these kinds of things at the track!!

joe c

hey aaron, lets plan on going to the end of season camp out barbq TT next year if they have it. i didnt go this year because it was too far, but id definitely go next year. i had a great time. think about it, if youre still here.

me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links