Stuck slow jet
Close

Stuck slow jet

This is a discussion on Stuck slow jet within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Any tips on removing a stuck slow jet from a 78 CB750 f carb? Thing is not budging are these intended to be removable?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck slow jet

Stuck slow jet

Any tips on removing a stuck slow jet from a 78 CB750 f carb? Thing is not budging are these intended to be removable?

soak the carb body. it's probably varnish glued in place. hit it with some penetrant. if you have replacements, you can give it a lot more persuasion.
    iphone generated fag

soak the carb body. it's probably varnish glued in place. hit it with some penetrant. if you have replacements, you can give it a lot more persuasion.
    iphone generated fag

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I like to use heat from a heat gun. Just enough to soften the varnish. Also soaking. And patience.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

I like to use heat from a heat gun. Just enough to soften the varnish. Also soaking. And patience.
    http://www.scramblercycle.com

the majority of the time it is from someone overtightening it.first make sure you have a good fitting screwdriver or bit(use the widest blade that will fit).i use slotted bits with a driver handle. take the bit and put it in the slot and give it a few sharp taps while the carbs are properly supported on a wood bench or similiar...the important thing is how hard to tap it and what size hammer! use some common sense- a small 4-6 oz hammer and short sharp taps,then make sure you do not slip while trying to turn it out,do not force it,if this does not work then heat the area properly ,tap again and turn it out! joe

the majority of the time it is from someone overtightening it.first make sure you have a good fitting screwdriver or bit(use the widest blade that will fit).i use slotted bits with a driver handle. take the bit and put it in the slot and give it a few sharp taps while the carbs are properly supported on a wood bench or similiar...the important thing is how hard to tap it and what size hammer! use some common sense- a small 4-6 oz hammer and short sharp taps,then make sure you do not slip while trying to turn it out,do not force it,if this does not work then heat the area properly ,tap again and turn it out! joe

IIRC the slow jet is a Press in. Get a pair o vice grips, clamp them on the jet and then turn the jet counterclockwise until it comes out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

IIRC the slow jet is a Press in. Get a pair o vice grips, clamp them on the jet and then turn the jet counterclockwise until it comes out.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

an alternative to trying to remove jets .....if it is pressed in then mechanically cleaning it works fine unless you have a good ultrasonic cleaner. i have cleaned more than i like to yearly and never remove the pressed in p/jets. i have several stiff s/s wires that i clean them with.make sure all passages are open with contact cleaner/carb cleaner and air after running the wire through them. a few sanded torch tip cleaners,medical probe wires and #80 bits mounted on rods..honda pressed in low speed/pilot jets are smaller than most other similiar low speed jets so you will need a very fine wire,i think they are just under .013".. berryman b12 is a great cleaner also-watch it though as it has mek and other killer solvents in it.. [email protected] vcycle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links