Honda Dream
Close

Honda Dream

This is a discussion on Honda Dream within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I've always wanted one and there are two coming up for auction soon. This one is tomorrow in OH. I am seeing if they will ...

Thread: Honda Dream

Honda Dream

I've always wanted one and there are two coming up for auction soon. This one is tomorrow in OH. I am seeing if they will do a phone bid, if it goes cheap I may get it if it has a title. Looks okay if the price is low enough. Whats a good price for one of these? I see CL and Ebay prices running around $300 - $2k [:0]

Another one is coming up in OH on the 14th, white not running.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

DOH! Dang it wrong section, please move to general
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

If you don't really know what you are looking at you have to be careful with Dreams.

The one in the picture is a CA95, 150cc. Looks to be pretty complete, except for the tank badges, which you can get repop metal ones for $50 a pair. If the mufflers are rusted thru plan on at least a couple hundred for repro ones if you can find them. Headlights are hard to find and at least $40 for a used one, hopefully with both beams.

They also make the CA160 Dream, which is easy to ID if you look at the rear shock mounts, on the 150 there are those little boxes on the back end. The 160's do not have them.

Then you have the original Dream, the 300 or 305. At a quick look it is the same as the 150, but if they are together the 300 is much larger all over. Best way to quickly tell the difference is that the 305's have a substancial brace running from the front axel, around the back of the fender and back to the axel.

That bike in the picture,if not seized and has paperwork, is worth $600 to $800 or so. I have a buddy with a very nice one he would sell for $1300, and another friend sold a mint mint mint one on ebay for buy it now $1800, but it was easily worth $2500.

The 305's seem to go for $800 to $4000, but if the one in the pic was a 305, I would say a bit less than a grand, if the motor was not siezed. I sold one complete except for exhaust, but siezed up for $450 a couple years ago.

Be sure you have the "carb cover". That silver bit that sits between the carb and frame. They are hard to find.

Good Luck.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

So, What did the pictured bike go for in the Auction?

Sponsored Links