? on triangle 550 '76
Close

? on triangle 550 '76

This is a discussion on ? on triangle 550 '76 within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I've been breaking down the bike and now I'm to the point of looking at this compartment. I'm confused on what to do, what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

? on triangle 550 '76

So I've been breaking down the bike and now I'm to the point of looking at this compartment. I'm confused on what to do, what to remove and where to reposition the parts. I have a giant battery, airbox and fuse box. What should I do ...do I need everything in here or can I improvise and where do I start??? I've taken the air filter out and that's where Im stuck. If anyone could help with this please toss me some pointers as well as don't do's! :@ ( trying to make the triangle)
    Thanks again

What is the goal here?? besides messing up perfectly well designed systems.
    -

If you want a clear "triangle", you need yo move everything there... Somewhere else. Yes, you need all that stuff.
    So, what are you going to use to take the place of your airbox?
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I'm not sure...what is there I can use?

Well, if it were me, I would have looked at my COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED bike and started to figure out where I would have room to relocate everything. But you blew the bike apart like a noob so my advice is moot.

for future reference, if you have never built a bike before the easiest way to figure out how to mod stuff is with the bike fully assembled in a running state. this way you can mock up stuff, try different things, and see how they work.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Well I guess your right... I still wouldn't mind some insight then for future reference. And its not completely apart to bare frame, that triangle is still packed and I still have the wheels on. I removed the seat that's it, well for the rear part that is. Today I would like to pull the headers and wheels. I wish I could upload pics on here easily but not sure how to host them or where? Anyways, I guess ill just leave it since I have not a clue where to start. Should b fine but I really wanted that empty triangle.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    Unless you know a fair bit about carbs, you will be MUCH better off using stock airbox.
    You've managed to avoid any 'hipster' stuff so far but it's pretty obvious your building to a 'style' rather than practical use.
    It is possible to make 'pods' work and the information is out there, you will need to do some searching though, probably going back 4~5 yrs.
    Relocating electrics isn't difficult as long as you use some common sense and have a good idea how the system works.
    You need the battery, regulator and rectifier, it's an EMS generator, look it up
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Yea I guess your right as well. I don't know much about carbs. I guess ill leave it as is for now. I'm guessing being a " hipster" is not really liked upon. It's like us track guys calling kids on fast bikes that just go straight and think there the shit " squids". Understandable.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    OK, your not hip
    Non-squid picture

I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links