Ballpark questions for a CB350
Close

This is a discussion on Ballpark questions for a CB350 within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I was walking my cousins dog just a few minutes ago and I walked by a house that I never really paid attention to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So I was walking my cousins dog just a few minutes ago and I walked by a house that I never really paid attention to before. I only stopped because the dog took a huge shit right in front of the gate. So after cleaning up after the dog, I got up, looked over the gate and noticed a CB350 leaning on the gate. Now, this is in a pretty bad neighborhood in Brooklyn so that's the last type of bike I expected to see. I only grabbed a quick look, so I'm not even 100% sure if it's a CB350 (maybe like 80% sure). From a quick observation, the bike looks like it's gone through hell. Wheels are flat, there's bits of rust all around (unless it was mold/fungus growing on it from being left there for god knows how long), and I'm going to assume it's not at all in running condition.

So my questions are as follows assuming the bike has gone to shit:

Would it be worth it to completely restore it?
    How much would it hurt my wallet?
    Due to the ridiculously overpricing going on with CBs, should I just get it running and sell it? (I kind of want to keep it. Never owned a CB before and I feel I should)

I may head back over there tonight to snap a few photos to show its condition.

Good to see you're cleaning up after your dog.

If you don't know how much it costs to restore an old motorcycle then you can't afford to do it.

If you can get the bike for cheap enough you would be best off selling / parting it out on CL.

New rules:

1. No more pointless, gratuitous dog crap stories. Only funny dog crap stories are allowed.

2. If someone asks if a bike is worth rebuilding but does not know the model or even post a photo of it, the answer is: "How about those Lakers, huh? Do you think D'Antoni will be able to turn things around?".

3. The answer to any question about how much will it cost to rebuild any given bike is always exactly $2,894.34 (tax included).

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

And no one has ever been pulled over for DUI having had more than 2 beers.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Next time you're out just take the dog's pile home, set in the middle of your garage floor, and stick your fingers in it.
    Same exact result as what you're proposing, at ZERO cost!

quote:Originally posted by Tanshanomi

Next time you're out just take the dog's pile home, set in the middle of your garage floor, and stick your fingers in it.
    Same exact result as what you're proposing, at ZERO cost!
    Got to keep it warm on the walk home.

so are you gonna steal this bike or purchase it? have you spoken to the current owner? honestly, i would be quite livid if someone looked over my gate or fence and started taking pictures of my stuff.
    ask me about my ADD or pie or my cat. a dog. i have a bike. Do you like TV? i saw a rock. hi.

If you want a cb350 buy mine. Ride it home. Much less expensive in the long run. A grand and it's yours. I would even bring it down to the Ramapo rest area on the Thruway for gas money.

You can't rebuild a rust pile, shit heap that you're looking at for less than a grand. Jack's bike is a steal. A smart person would have bought this by now.

You can't rebuild a rust pile, shit heap that you're looking at for less than a grand. Jack's bike is a steal. A smart person would have bought this by now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links