CB450 Project Underway in ATL!
Close

This is a discussion on CB450 Project Underway in ATL! within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello out there, kudos to those who have created this resource! I wanted to reach out to anyone who may be in Atlanta as you ...

Hello out there, kudos to those who have created this resource! I wanted to reach out to anyone who may be in Atlanta as you can see from my number of posts I am a newbie and have much to learn. If you're local and have recommendations on resources on where to get stuff done, powder coating, re-boring, etc I am all ears.
    Now for a couple simple? questions: Do you need to resurface a rear drum when putting in new shoes? What's a good method for seating new headset races into a frame?
    Thanks!

Answering my own question... looks like give how much the rear brake contributes to braking power, it's not worth resurfacing the drum.

Answering my own question... looks like give how much the rear brake contributes to braking power, it's not worth resurfacing the drum.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I am north of you in Dawsonville but can handle all your powder coating needs here at www.CreativeCandy.org
    While 75-90% of your braking is done with the front wheel it is still a good idea to turn your drums and rotors so the new pads/shoes seat correctly. Most motorcycle rotors can not be turned.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

I am north of you in Dawsonville but can handle all your powder coating needs here at www.CreativeCandy.org
    While 75-90% of your braking is done with the front wheel it is still a good idea to turn your drums and rotors so the new pads/shoes seat correctly. Most motorcycle rotors can not be turned.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

thanks marc, i'll see what the local machine shop says about my rotor which I was able to remove. I don't want to get into lacing the wheels yet so I am not sure how a shop would even get at the rear drum.

Sponsored Links