Yamaha guys..Painting the bits..'78 Yamaha
Close

This is a discussion on Yamaha guys..Painting the bits..'78 Yamaha within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Not a dire question ,I could wing it and then repaint if its not just so.... yet... I am restoring the SR500, taking my time ...

Not a dire question ,I could wing it and then repaint if its not just so.... yet...
    I am restoring the SR500, taking my time doing an almost full restoration after owning her 35 years.

the etched frame is now done up in a nice hard black gloss epoxie along with the swing arm,frame brackets, tripple tree, brake calipers and brackets.

Question I have is for the bottom bits, such as center stand,side stand, rotors and engine guard
    Were these all also gloss or done satin or just un polished gloss? May be some...??

Oh yeah, How about wheels? I know gloss is considered a No-No on a smooth surface wheel, yet these arn't such...

Original 7 spoke Mag type, I have all prepaired ,masked and set to be done in satin, yet I seem to remember there being more gloss on the original "frosted" area of the mag than satin may permote.. (Note: A mirror pure gloss will never happen because of the underlying surface roughness) I don't want to go thru a remask so figured to ask first.

To be honest I just dont remember back as to what was what...
    (I should considering how many Q- tip's it took to clean it ...yes, I was anal about it being clean)

Any help from old yamaha riders would be appreciated ,thanks
    Last edited by Tonnystark; 02-25-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    78' SR500
    64' YG1S
    15' XT250

Sponsored Links