gs750 16v vs. 8v
Close

gs750 16v vs. 8v

This is a discussion on gs750 16v vs. 8v within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Looking at a 16v possibly in the next couple days and figured there are some folks here more familiar with them than myself. Any models ...

gs750 16v vs. 8v

Looking at a 16v possibly in the next couple days and figured there are some folks here more familiar with them than myself. Any models specifically to avoid like the L model 8v? Were the frames and suspension the same essentially or are they completely different chassis and motor? The guy says it's an 87 but I'm pretty sure it's an 82. It also has a single disc from what I can tell and non-leading axle forks. I don't need this bike, but my kz440 was stolen a couple weeks ago which took away my one running standard bike. Been eyeballing the GS series for a while and it seems to be a good choice for some small upgrades and stylistically not really much to mess with. Title isn't an issue here as it's antique and requires little more than a bill of sale to plate.

80s Suzuki 750cc

Yes. Get a 1000. It doesn't weigh anymore.

Also, someone actually stole a kz440?
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    Yes. Get a 1000. It doesn't weigh anymore.

Also, someone actually stole a kz440?
    Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  230.2 KB

Yep. Not too happy about it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    i think the link is a 82 16 valve 750T. kinda a sport/tourer. seems to be more 16 valve models for sale. they seem to be cheaper even thou they are newer. i dont think there " in" w/ the "cafe racer crowd" and dont see the sawsall(not yet?). im looking too for a low mileage model ( a E). of the 16 valve models the 750 1000/1100 katana models seem the most disirable . t
    I think you are dead on. Gotta be a T model with the rear drum and the single disc. Looks like I'm going to pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkchecken View Post
    i think the link is a 82 16 valve 750T. kinda a sport/tourer. seems to be more 16 valve models for sale. they seem to be cheaper even thou they are newer. i dont think there " in" w/ the "cafe racer crowd" and dont see the sawsall(not yet?). im looking too for a low mileage model ( a E). of the 16 valve models the 750 1000/1100 katana models seem the most disirable . t
    I think the price difference has more to do with reliability more than anything. The 16v used plain bearings rather than rollers on the crank. Also, the head was less bulletproof, albeit better performing. Not to mention the atrocious electronics Suzuki used in the mid 80's.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Sponsored Links