RE: Oil pump topic
Close

This is a discussion on RE: Oil pump topic within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; It would be cool if someone posted a little chart with all of the big 4 2 stroke oil injection systems and which types are ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kenessex
  • 3 Post By TrialsRider

Thread: RE: Oil pump topic

It would be cool if someone posted a little chart with all of the big 4 2 stroke oil injection systems and which types are the best for keeping and which types can be switched out and which types should be left alone. Just an idea that's pretty Chill and interesting !!!

I have had very good performance from the Kawasaki F6 and Suzuki 185 , 125 oil pumps without a fail. I have never rode a Yamaha long enough to say and I am just curious because on that HT1 thread I don't recall it mentioned so I am just wondering if people quote quote swear by the Yamaha oil pumps too ? This is mostly speaking about smaller bikes if that matters. I always wondered if the Yamaha oil pumps were good too because they were the one company that had a different style then the Kawasaki and Suzuki ? They are easier to prime for sure so that's cool. This is speaking from a normal use point of view not a super hopped up type of thing either. Yeah though I think a little chart would be cool . Maybe I'll write one up if I have the time. Speaking from just an oil route thing not a brand specific good or not thing.

I can do one:

Good oil pumps which do their job well - Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, MZ, Bridgestone and Tohatsu.

Bad oil pumps which will fry your motor - Pumps from the above which have been hopped up, cracked, "rebuilt" or "fixed".

The end
    drgonzo likes this.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Cool Bro I believe that for sure ! Sounds like good advice !!

Yamaha has one of the best pumps ever designed when set up properly they will work even on hopped up big bore ect. they've been using the design from 1962 to today things that change from model to model are small like number of outputs and pitch of the drive gear. There are a few guys who do proper rebuilds on them.

Suzuki used mostly a Mikuni designed pump and they were not up to the task of big bore kits. Example the Ts90 rotary valve bike was fine stock but put the "Suzuki racing 120 kit" in it you had to run both 32:1 premix and the injection pump to get it to live 20 hours or so but those 20 hours were powerful.

Most BUT NOT ALL piston port motors can be safely changed to pre-mix.
    NO Rotary valve motors that I know of can be changed over and last more then a few minutes. The valves require a good amount of direct lube to live the fiber or metal valves will seize and self destruct.
    \"Smok\'in the competition NOT Tobacco\"
    \"Transplant organs, Don\'t bury them!\"

USCRA #944
    WVRC #44
    www.wvrclub.com

Some, possibly most of the Suzuki posi-force oil injection systems forced oil directly to the big end bearing. imho this was a good design and not one that was easy or wise to obsolete in exchange for pre-mix for obvious reasons.

44dwarf, mortar-forker and CP3OGuy like this.

Sponsored Links