Honda C100 Ignition Switch Wires
Close

This is a discussion on Honda C100 Ignition Switch Wires within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hello, Recently bought a minty 1968 Honda Cub that has not run in many years. It came with no key as the owner has passed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Honda C100 Ignition Switch Wires

Hello, Recently bought a minty 1968 Honda Cub that has not run in many years. It came with no key as the owner has passed on. I purchased an ignition switch on eBay but it only came with 4 wires and one key position. My current ignition switch has 6 wires. Does anyone know how I can wire it to make it work? Was position 1 running no lights and position 2 running with lights? Will it run with the ignition switch unplugged?

Thank you

I suspect we're going to need a look at a wiring diagram before anyone can help you much :|
    Those are awesome fun little scooters! I had a C90 decades ago and fitted it with full knobby tires lol that thing was a hoot for off-road. Motors had a reputation of being relatively indestructible so you might have good luck getting it going.

If its mint why are you changing things

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Schema van de elektrische geleidingen Honda 50 (C 100) :/ what do you think, sound like your bike?

... I think he just wants to hot wire it

I think he lost the key or never had it and has started down the slippery slope of making an original less original because he didnt order the right ignition and is being impatient so hes trying to hack in there when really he should just have a key made

Just a guess

Triggered.

Ever heard of continuity? With a $5 tester and maybe a whole 2 minutes of probing it will tell you what each switch does.

If the bike is actually mint, which it isnt, you should just have a key made.

Im a little sorry but not a lot sorry because all it takes it a little patience and you can keep it original like its supposed to be. Truly original it has value. A hacked up cub isnt worth much.

Not that its any of my business.

Oh and hey, welcome to the site man.

Christo, if you're still hanging around, my eyes are pretty wasted tonight and that schematic is barely legible, but my best guess at this point would be; put a good battery in the bike and connect the blue wire to the black wire, then see if you get a spark at the sparkplug.
    DohcBikes likes this.

To hot wire a Honda c100---take the black wire coming from the engine and hook it to the black wire going to the coil from the switch, thus by passing the switch.

a c100 does not need a battery to run, but the battery also functions as the voltage reg, so if no battery best to remove or turn off all light bulbs or they will blow out.

if you really have a c102 electric start, the above Does NOT apply.

to get a key try hondakeys.com or type the code on the switch into eBay and see what comes up.

i have half a dozen of the c100 series bikes - 100,102,105, 110--it's a sickness.

Position 1- running, brake light and horn work.
    Position 2- running, headlight, taillight and stoplight on.

is your bike a pushrod c100 or ohc c50? I only question this because they did not make the c100 for 1968. They is a tag on the wire harness under the leg shield on the down tube with a year date on it that will get you close to year of manufacture. Lots of times they were titled as the year sold.

there is a very active yahoo group for the pushrod bike. "Classic Honda pushrod 50's or similar.

JackC now you got me all curious :/ I had him connecting what appears to be the battery ground (blue) to the black wire headed to the breaker points.
    ? Would that have worked ?
    ... near as I can tell from that uber small fuzzy diagram the 2 black wires you described are already hardwire connected together at the socket

You probably have access to a much better schematic or real live photos that you can share once we figure out what he actually has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links