Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900 - Page 4
Close

Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900

This is a discussion on Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900 within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Well if u read before that I said I already put over 100 miles on it and that I've put it up to 70 mph ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900

Well if u read before that I said I already put over 100 miles on it and that I've put it up to 70 mph . I've cruised locally I've also taken the h.w for like 60 miles .she goes straight and fucking turns . Has more power than I need 2 over take cars like any sport bike .let's face it it's a 1980 Honda cb900 it's not gonna take corners at 100 like a cbr give me a break . But that it's extremely fun and extremely fast with these Mikuni flat side RS 34mm carbs . It's all that matters u can say what u want why don't u do this or buy this ...it is what it is ...Mr nova I've checked your previous post u not once have put a single picture of A bike non the less bikes ..so spare the bullshit. If u wasn't such a asshole there wouldn't be no reason 2 put u on blast .but here u are in a motorcycle community with a car sn and only negative shit to say and not a bike to show for it.... a Tire kicking window shopper is what u are

and by the way it's very comfortable my foot pegs are in there original position and the clip ons are raised so I'm at the same height as the stock but with the front cleaned up ... This is a community I see for wanna bes and people who have a million opinions but not a bike to show for it
    Last edited by BrooklyniN85; 11-09-2018 at 05:49 PM.

What I'm saying irk Miller is that the mechanic took it for a ride and he wasn't gentle at all ...he would have told me if there was a problem with the front suspension he rode it hard like he stole it to see if there was any flaws in the carbs and in everything else don't you think a experienced mechanic woulda came back and said we.need.to fix this and this none of yous have ridden the bike to even wonder how it handles lol speculation is all it is that the geometry change of course it was lowered does it ride good does it turn and corner yes ... All ya say is the geometry changed but since you guys are so experts in this since it's lowered in the front 2.5 inches is it gonna wobble in a straight line is it gonna suck at turning ? Which one fellas let's hear the expert opinions none of yous have specified in what way good or bad did this change do to the bike is it going to corner better but not go straight is it gonna go straight but not turn amuse me
    Last edited by BrooklyniN85; 11-09-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Come to the Atlantic City, NJ indoor 3-day motorcycle show in January, and you can ogle 2 of my bikes in person. Bring your camera, and take notes, you might learn something.
    Sorry I gave you the tip on the cable kits. Wasted effort on a gorilla who probably can't even install spark plugs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Wow it's a s*** storm outside and in here today :I guess I should say something constructive.

Are you an experienced rider? have you ground hard parts on a motorcycle? If yes and yes
    you should be fine as long as it doesn't wobble or headshake on fast bumps and doesn't bottom out in corners on your first spirited ride down a bumpy wet road.

and
    If it performs well I'd love to see you race it, but not on street because street racing is for dolts.
    & If you are buying stolen motorcycle parts to build it you do not want to hear what I have to say about that.

"let's face it it's a 1980 Honda cb900 it's not gonna take corners at 100 like a cbr give me a break ."
    What's that about, the ability to corner depends far more on the rider then the machine.
    & if you haven't figured that out yet you should probably pause on using the description "it's extremely fast" when you are chatting with a bunch of seasoned bike racers and engine tuners
    540nova likes this.

did somebody say CB900f?

Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    did somebody say CB900f?
    Now THAT one has some legs, & I believe it might corner pretty freakin fast.
    woodsman likes this.

jcw
    This thread rocks!!!

I especially love the I’m 6ft and 200# comment. I’m just imagining some roided out numbskull trying to type but his fat fingers can’t move fast enough.

I’m very impressed.

I don’t think the geometry of the bike’s gonna bother him too much. The dragging knuckles should provide a third and fourth point of contact to stabilize the bike.

Please continue.
    Last edited by jcw; 11-09-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    Please continue.
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.
    jcw and CaTacL1sm like this.

that is a hideous ugly motorcycle srsly it just looks like something an alien from another planet would try to pull off
    the cb900 off the dealer floor it was a thing of beauty in comparo

to the op is this a cultural thing ? is your bike what black america likes ?
    it actually looks like something a mexican would put together
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 11-10-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links