Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900
Close

Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900

This is a discussion on Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900 within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Anyone do this swap ?? If so do you need shorter throttle cables or am I routing my cables wrong? I have to much slack...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Mikuni rs34 carbs on a 1980 Honda cb900

Anyone do this swap ?? If so do you need shorter throttle cables or am I routing my cables wrong?

I have to much slack
    Last edited by BrooklyniN85; 01-03-2019 at 10:12 AM.

You'd probably find they're the right length if your forks were in the right place.

Why is everyone so concerned about my lowering the bike 2.5 inches in the front . Get over it! It rides fine. This site just seems to be full of hatin trowls ! Lol why u so mad that my front end is dropped ? Cuz u haven't dropped yours lol dayum ! This ain't a cruiser no more I'm in 2nd doing 40 @ probably 6 or 7k rpm and 3rd gear lol 70+ in a mid range rpm....btw I'm going to do a gsxr front end soon...to much power for those little 37mm forks plus a 18 front and back gonna run 120 18 and 160 18 rear !!!

Andy u cocksucker if I have 2 much slack and u want me to raise the front end 2.5 inches that would just give me more slack u dumb fuck ..I eat funny motherfuckers like u for breakfast man ! Stay off the thread u cum slut
    Last edited by BrooklyniN85; 01-03-2019 at 10:14 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Take your bike here: https://www.facebook.com/lurkshopnyc/

Ask for Ross. Tell him Kerry sent you. Have him look over that completely terrible death trap before you hurt yourself.

And for god sakes put a fucking front fender on that shitpile before you take a puddle of pisswater to the face.
    540nova and Andyshep like this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

#1 contender for UBOTY - Ugliest Bike of the Year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    CaTacL1sm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklyniN85 View Post
    Why is everyone so concerned about my lowering the bike 2.5 inches in the front . Get over it! It rides fine.
    When you "lower" the front end like you do you change the rake and trail of your bike. Trail directly affects your stability and handling. A lot of trail, and the bike will be super stable in a straight line but hard to turn, a little trail and the bike will fall into the turns but will wobble at high speeds in a straight line and while decelerating. If you have too little or negative trail your front end will want to tuck under you and the bike will pitch you off. The thing about bikes also is that these things change as you lean the bike over. Since you haven't run the numbers there is a possibility you have too little trail and you haven't hit the circumstance where you need the trail you don't have.

This site just seems to be full of hatin trowls ! Lol why u so mad that my front end is dropped ? Cuz u haven't dropped yours lol dayum ! This ain't a cruiser no more I'm in 2nd doing 40 @ probably 6 or 7k rpm and 3rd gear lol 70+ in a mid range rpm....btw I'm going to do a gsxr front end soon...to much power for those little 37mm forks
    Your ignorance of motorcycle frame and suspension geometry is only matched by the complete hilarity of your bravado.

plus a 18 front and back gonna run 120 18 and 160 18 rear !!!
    oh yeah? have you looked into that yet because I am pretty sure the shaft drive interchangeability of that bike with one that has an 18" rear is almost nil. I've never seen someone pull off an 18" wheel swap on one of those without converting to chain or machining an adapter for the rear wheel....but please tell me all about this planned 18" wheel swap.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 11-09-2018 at 03:22 PM.
    Andyshep and CaTacL1sm like this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

540nova let's see what u ride post a pic ! And it's been looked over by a professional thanks anyway ....btw I can't stop no where. Where it doesn't draw a crowd people stop in there cars to take pictures lol.. ya just a bunch of hating assholes I would really love to see what nova504 rides and please no Google image pics

540nova let's see what u ride post a pic ! And it's been looked over by a professional thanks anyway
    Oh yeah? who? what fine upstanding member of the Brooklyn motorcycle community told you that wreck was remotely safe?

I still don't know why you just don't buy yourself a cb900F, it will have everything you want, will be much easier to mod, and uses substantially the same engine so most of your parts will swap over. Best part, you won't have to lower it to make it handle better (which is a fallacy anyway).
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

When I get it done I'll post it. Yes keep hating I love it .... There gonna be spoke rims. 18 x3.5, 18x 4.5 to be specific . And that front end swap coming soon! Gsxr 1000 front end im still waiting to see Mr Nova's ride?? Still googling for pics?

BTW, to answer your question - your cables should be long enough to turn your handlebars lock to lock without it putting any tug or strain on the cable. If they are too long, learn how to shorten them or just live with it. Better to have too much length than too little.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links