Honda CL350 rear wheel compatibility
Close

Honda CL350 rear wheel compatibility

This is a discussion on Honda CL350 rear wheel compatibility within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Having just been able to get my calipers on the rear of a CL350 to get a sprocket centreline offset of 3 inches (77mm) from ...

Having just been able to get my calipers on the rear of a CL350 to get a sprocket centreline offset of 3 inches (77mm) from the hub centreline, I wondered if anyone knows whether Honda used the same wheel/hub on any of their other models from that era? If so, I'll stand a much better chance of getting one at a price I can afford! There's a much cheaper CB250K4 wheel, but no help from the seller regarding offset and too far to travel. Many thanks.
    Last edited by mattsway; 02-18-2019 at 05:42 AM.

That's a question someone at Honda Twins might be able answer.
    https://www.hondatwins.net/index.php

You are looking for a replacement part to fit a motorcycle that was built in crazy large numbers (in excess of a quarter million units) no way should parts be expensive unless you are shopping for brand original new old stock components. Used rolling chassis parts should be cheap and plentiful for that bike or there is something very wrong. I think you are going to discover that the 250 twin and 350 twin share an identical rolling chassis and the biggest difference between the 2 versions is the pistons and what country the models were exported to. In North America the 350 was extremely common and the 250 near non-existent but in U.K. those export numbers were reversed. I seen one parts list that stated the Honda rear hub part number was interchangeable with 17 different models and there is no surprise there. Replacement spoke sets are listed as fitting both 250 and 350 versions so this further supports the likelihood that the hubs are identical.

The rear sprocket is mounted on studs that fit into rubber collars that slide into the rear hub making it a cushion drive, so the dimension you are specifically looking for involves 4 separate parts (hub, rubber cushion insert, stud and sprocket) and that is probably why the exact dimension you are using is not published as a standard measurement, in theory you could customize a different length of stud and/or use a dished shaped sprocket if you really needed to alter the dimension between the hub centre line and the sprocket centre line.
    Hope this helps some and I'm certain others here who actually own one will chime in with the correct answer if I am wrong just wait for it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

do you have the part number for the rear hub? if you do you can search for it here:

https://www.partsfish.com/page/oem-parts-for-honda

you can also look it up here but it is less intuitive:
    https://www.cmsnl.com/

You can also look at the older fiche's for that site. Parts fish used to have a section for that too but I can't seem to find that now.

Also, I again have to mention that if you write a tech question, you need to include the year and full model name of the bike (example: 1971 cl350 K1). Honda changed some items year to year on these bikes and often there are superceeded parts numbers that will fit after certain years and not before.

I don't have the part number off hand but I have the part number for a 1971 cb350 hub (42601 286 020) which I looked up and cmsnl told me fit 33 models including the following (you have to log in to get the full list and I didn't bother since it will give you something to do):
    CB250 GENERAL EXPORT
    CB250B4 EUROPEAN DIRECT SALES
    CB250B4 GERMANY
    CB250K4 AUSTRALIA / MPH
    CB250K4 ENGLAND
    CB250K4 EUROPEAN DIRECT SALE
    CB250K4 FRANCE
    CB250K4 GERMANY
    CB350 GENERAL EXPORT
    CB350B4 GENERAL EXPORT / KPH MPH

David silver spare is also a good resource, worst case you could always ring them. Since you still haven't bothered to fill out your bio with your location (and seem intent on wasting everyone's time by not doing so) here is the UK website: https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/
    Last edited by Geeto67; 02-18-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

My go to for part number cross referencing is Western Hills Honda. They have a good OEM parts search.

Because we can't have too many bookmarks:

https://shop.westernhillshondayamaha...partfinder.htm

Many thanks, fellas, you've done me a proper solid and I'm indebted.

go with an sl350k1-k2 rear wheel hub
    smaller and ligher
    it is actually same hub as cb200/175

You can even fit a Suzuki rear wheel, don't know why, but I have it on my CB250 racer.

Sponsored Links