Spring start up. No go?? - Page 2
Close

Spring start up. No go??

This is a discussion on Spring start up. No go?? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; If you have water, from condensation, in the tank it will float grit that gas won't. I don't know anything about your injector system but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Spring start up. No go??

If you have water, from condensation, in the tank it will float grit that gas won't. I don't know anything about your injector system but it might be enough to clog them.
    I always take a sample from the petcock after the winter to see if there is water, learned that from flying. Use a clear narrow glass and you'll see any h20 or grit.

It's ALIVE. I looked at a wiring diagram which is usually pointless for me. There were 3 colour codes that seemed to be used for the fuel system. Found any connectors with these colours and cleaned and them. Turned the key, no F1 and it fired up instantly. Thanks for the input peoples. This forum and a couple like it (minus the shit and abuse) helped me with how to approach a problem as much as what the problem is. That "Build a man a fire keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire keep him warm for the rest of his life." sorta thing. Cheers
    jcw, woodsman and TrialsRider like this.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

nice.

Now where there's smoke, there's fire... I'd take a look at all the other connections and make sure they don't need to be cleaned as well
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    nice.

Now where there's smoke, there's fire... I'd take a look at all the other connections and make sure they don't need to be cleaned as well
    Nah - just sell it and let the next guy fuck with it....
    woodsman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Nah - just sell it and let the next guy fuck with it....
    Hahahaha, Nope. Going to give it the once over, tell him about the issue and walk away with a clear conscience. Unlike the cunt who sold it to me. I see no evidence of rodents lunching on anything and the connector that I think was the issue had the clip lock broken from being opened incorrectly. I'll zip tie it. Just happy it wasn't more serious.

PS: Unless he's a complete asshole then yea the hillsy approach might be the way to go.

Oh, it sold right away for what I was wanting. Everyones happy. Good luck all round.
    TrialsRider likes this.

If the weather gets nice drop by and I'll gift you a sealer jar of maple syrup or two.

Caution: may contain anything additional because it's made out in the woods, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly sugar, consume at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    If the weather gets nice drop by and I'll gift you a sealer jar of maple syrup or two.

Caution: may contain anything additional because it's made out in the woods, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly sugar, consume at your own risk.
    Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links