75’ CB360T Gauge help
Close

75’ CB360T Gauge help

This is a discussion on 75’ CB360T Gauge help within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I just got this bike, it’s my first actually , at least the first one I plan on keeping and actually learning to ride with. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Geeto67

Thread: 75’ CB360T Gauge help

75’ CB360T Gauge help

I just got this bike, it’s my first actually , at least the first one I plan on keeping and actually learning to ride with. I’m not fond of this gauge set up with the funky toggle switches, hoping to find a recommendation for a simple set up of a speedometer and tach. 2 gauge style , I can figure out the wiring and switches later , mostly looking for help and recommendation for a dual gauge set that’s easy to work with and good for my model. Previous owner did a lot of wiring and LED work.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

If you are new to bikes and it is to you why not just ride it. Kinda shitty art photos but it looks like someone has spent some time assembling it.

Ride lots, ride safe, have fun,
    any plans to install a real tail light and mount the signals where somebody might even see them? Those rear signals might as well be in your pocket :|
    and the threat of night ariel attack is low enough in peace time you really don't need to put a black out grill on the chopper tail light.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 04-20-2019 at 06:42 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ha! I know , even my best girlfriend who came by to see the bike the first thing she noticed was the turn signals they really suck. I’m gonna make a few small changes this week, the bike does need some carb work in some adjustments to the brakes I’m gonna do a few things but then find a reputable shop in Sacramento and have them go through it and make sure everything is good and safe before I start cruising.

Are those K&N pods?

your speedo is just a stock speedometer that someone made a single central mount for (and for some reason flattened it, where the mount is usually angled, although it does look like a well made bracket). You could just find a stock speedo and tach setup and bracket - gonna be plenty on ebay for cheap, and they are cable driven so you can just hook up a tach by buying a cable. I am not super thrilled that whomever assembled that bike somehow deleted the gauge lights - that's just lazy. Also where are the normal array of idiot lights?

What do those toggles actually do? I see the signal switch is still on the bar, so is it lights, starter, and kill switch? Also what are those 10 amp fuses for? Where is the horn?

I have to say, this was not a bike meant for any novice, as a seasoned rider I'd probably not be bothered by the switches (although I would probably like a more lower profile switch than a large toggle), but for someone learning to ride - man what a pain in the ass.

This was a really poor choice for a first bike. Would have been a good choice for a second bike while you continue to ride your first bike, but I guess there was no talking you out of putting fashion over practicality. Why can't you go out and spend $2K on a '00s+ 250cc bone stock ninja and just learn to ride (and not die) like most people? there is a reason why those bikes move from newbie to newbie - they work at breaking in new riders who then outgrow them and move to something like what you bought. You skipped to step 5 without doing 1-4 and are now complaining that step 5 isn't comfortable for you, but having a way cool Instagram friendly cafe racer was more important I guess.
    woodsman likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    It's a CB360, K&N RC1820 filters,(RC=chrome, RU, rubber) I may have worked on carbs? If you want dual gauge set up just go back to stock. The alloy plate looks like a DCC part, I've only ever done one and that was 10? yrs ago. (Bike is actually on display at Ace Cafe Orlando)Name:  DSCN7540.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  920.9 KB 378cc conversion, modified stock carbs, stock cam, slightly modified head, extra long aftermarket exhaust, about 120mph.
    https://www.caferacer.net/forum/tech...d-jetting.html
    If you go to post#3 you'll see how it looked in 2012
    Last edited by crazypj; 04-23-2019 at 11:27 PM.
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Sponsored Links