Getting my CB360T going right
Close

This is a discussion on Getting my CB360T going right within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi all, I rode my bike for the first time last night and it died on me! Luckily I didn't go far, it was a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Getting my CB360T going right

Hi all,

I rode my bike for the first time last night and it died on me! Luckily I didn't go far, it was a test ride. It's a 75' Honda CB360T. The previous owner did a lot of work and said it had issues with the floats, so I took it to a shop and had it gone through. This shop changed the jets and properly tuned the carbs, I did a fresh oil change with 10/40 non-synthetic. It was idling a little low so I turned up the idle a little bit, took it for about 1.5 mile ride and it ended up dying when in first gear at a stop sign. (no electric start) I kicked it over about 15 times over 15 minutes and ended up pushing it home (It's a 1-2x kick bike usually). I started it about a 45 minutes later after sitting, took a few kicks and it started up again, when I put it in gear it died, and I tried kicking it over a few times with no luck. The shop mentioned it was smoking a little bit, he said to do an oil change which I did, the smoked seemed to go away, he said if it didnt it may need a top end rebuild, but it "seems ok" anyone know what I might be able to check for? Im new to these bikes but I am also engine savvy, just new to these in particular.

What do the plugs look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjeep View Post
    What do the plugs look like?
    Pretty gassy and oily! AKA, fouled... hmmm. Name:  1-1.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  146.4 KBName:  1-2.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  138.2 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  134.4 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I guess I'll clean them up and ride it again and see if it happens again before buying new ones?
    Im not sure what they looked like before the shop did the carb work.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysavocado View Post
    I guess I'll clean them up and ride it again and see if it happens again before buying new ones?
    Im not sure what they looked like before the shop did the carb work.
    If it ran then I'm guessing they didn't look like that. You sure you were not driving around with the choke on?

You getting terrible fuel consumption too? Do you have any exhaust system at all on it?

Compression test is always a good start point if somebody questions important engine bits.
    8 is a cool plug 77 or 7 is hotter :/ although it looks like you are flogging the coal to it now. maybe stop the needles one notch if the carburetors have such an adjustment.
    ... when you said you were going to have a shop check it out I was skeptical, your results confirmed that was a waste of money, yes?
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 05-10-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    You getting terrible fuel consumption too? Do you have any exhaust system at all on it?

Compression test is always a good start point if somebody questions important engine bits.
    8 is a cool plug 77 or 7 is hotter :/ although it looks like you are flogging the coal to it now. maybe stop the needles one notch if the carburetors have such an adjustment.
    ... when you said you were going to have a shop check it out I was skeptical, your results confirmed that was a waste of money, yes?
    When the shop solution is "change the oil again", it's time to look for a new shop.
    Better yet, learn, and do it all yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    woodsman and jakejensen like this.

I think I see the problem:

I think I see the problem:
    Multiple things in the photo.... what are you thinking? This isn't a very recent photo, not sure why it's popping up.
    Last edited by alwaysavocado; 05-11-2019 at 12:56 AM.

I just got this bike, so I have no idea what the mileage is like yet. Never a waste of money when it comes to safety. I come from a classic car and vespa background so for my first "real bike" I found a shop that works on old bikes, and requested a basic run around of the bike for safety, mostly for things for myself to do and what to flag, if the bike is safe, what the previous owner did wrong, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links