Engine rattle - Page 2
Close

Engine rattle

This is a discussion on Engine rattle within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I did an early morning run. Out by 7 am. No weekenders on the cottage roads. Lots of wild life and no traffic. Always good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Engine rattle

I did an early morning run. Out by 7 am. No weekenders on the cottage roads. Lots of wild life and no traffic. Always good when you can get 3 hours in and and still be home for brunch. I'm going to record the sound and up load it. Going into 1st some times it just doesn't. Click and it stays in neutral. That's usually on start up after that it's fine. I'll rest my foot on the shifter and slowly let the the clutch out till it drops in. No grinding all smooth. Wonder if that is another symptom of the same issue.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

That sounds normal to me. Dogs are just randomly sitting so they won’t engage. Rotate them slightly and they’ll slide in. The Guzzi does that sometimes. Maybe not a good example. You’re going to have to sell it anyway.... have you started waking up in the middle of the night screaming?
    TrialsRider and Stephen J like this.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    You’re going to have to sell it anyway.... have you started waking up in the middle of the night screaming?
    Hahahahahaaaaa!!! And ahh yes, yes I do wake up screaming but it has nothing to do with motorcycles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

When I came to this site I'd owned 4 bikes in 40 years. Since then, one a year and it is only spring. You're an encourageable bunch and should be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm totally bummed out that you don't own a trials bike yet. You live just a little bit down wind of here.

Isn't it about 4 grand for a used entry level bike? Plus spare tires all the gear and knee surgery... Looks like another pit into which I would have to pour countless dollars. Luv the idea, though my loft (lack oh F#@$in talent) might also be a set back.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    It's a simple enough job to pull transmission, clutch, whatever.the hardest part I had was getting the ABS bled and working properly after removing entire rear end. The starter mount has a roll pin pressed into crankcase but it isn't in a blind hole so can allow starter to move out of correct engagement destroying the ring gear. Don't remember exact details but I think your supposed to grease all the splined bits at 60,000 miles. (100,000Km) As for the K series, friend of mine had over 250,000 on his K100 'flying brick' when he retired it. He's kept it for display as it started his company.
    Last edited by crazypj; 06-12-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

It'll have to start sounding quite a bit worse before I prep it for surgery but come winter it would be nice to get it sorted. There's a BMW owners group an hour down the road. I may go to one of their meets and get opinions from some one who owns the same bike. I'll be greasing the splines and rear end oil just before the a long haul we have planned for this year. Need to change the tire anyway. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen J View Post
    .... There's a BMW owners group an hour down the road....
    Say hi to Dieter I'm sure he must be a part of that group. I suspect the problem with BMW owners groups is most of them probably have deep pockets and don't really do their own hands-on servicing but that's just a guess, let me know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Say hi to Dieter I'm sure he must be a part of that group. I suspect the problem with BMW owners groups is most of them probably have deep pockets and don't really do their own hands-on servicing but that's just a guess, let me know how it turns out.
    I have noticed that far to many throw money at whatever bugs'm till it goes away. That's not brand specific though. I was assured buy an older member that quite a few are hands on and eager to help anyone willing to make an effort. I'll go ears open and mouth shut and see what happens.
    TrialsRider likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links