Rear Set Problem on Guzzi V50 Project - Page 2
Close

Rear Set Problem on Guzzi V50 Project

This is a discussion on Rear Set Problem on Guzzi V50 Project within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just a thought regarding the rear master cylinder. Would it be possible to turn it around?. I'd guess a longer brake hose would be needed, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rear Set Problem on Guzzi V50 Project

Just a thought regarding the rear master cylinder. Would it be possible to turn it around?. I'd guess a longer brake hose would be needed, and the linked brakes line (if still fitted) might be a issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    That's usually too far back unless you currently ride with your butt on the pillion part of the saddle., they are suppose to be underneath your so that when your get up on them with the balls of your feet you look like a jockey on a race horse (centred) . Pegs too far back will force too much weight transfer to the bars, thats' not comfortable or optimal for riding.
    I tend to agree with the above...
    Rearsets too far back will put more weight on your wrists. This is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.
    It also prevents you from using your legs effectively on a bike. This is more a riding style difference and there are plenty that sit straight on the seat and steer. I tend to need to use my feet and legs.

Basically what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    Just a thought regarding the rear master cylinder. Would it be possible to turn it around?. I'd guess a longer brake hose would be needed, and the linked brakes line (if still fitted) might be a issue.
    Just looked at this and I think you're right - sketching some ideas for linkage now - Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    I tend to agree with the above...
    Rearsets too far back will put more weight on your wrists. This is a dealbreaker for a lot of people.
    It also prevents you from using your legs effectively on a bike. This is more a riding style difference and there are plenty that sit straight on the seat and steer. I tend to need to use my feet and legs.

Basically what he said.
    .....and with a back like mine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links