KZ750E Pods or fuck that? - Page 2
Close

KZ750E Pods or fuck that?

This is a discussion on KZ750E Pods or fuck that? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by actionitem Great advice Oldjeep. I will take your advice and push back the boots. It’s funny how 80% of the KZs I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: KZ750E Pods or fuck that?

Quote Originally Posted by actionitem View Post
    Great advice Oldjeep. I will take your advice and push back the boots. It’s funny how 80% of the KZs I see have pods, but when I ask about jetting on a KZ facebook page not a sngle person has a clue.

Everyone is looking for some magic formula when it comes to jetting. That ain't how it works. It takes a lot of trial and testing, and the variables are never the same. And when you remove the stabilizing factor of an air box, all those variables come into play.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Over on kz rider you can find dozens of - my bike runs like crap because of pods threads. Keep the airbox.

Should read: thee bike runs like crap now because it is fitted with CV carburetors that were designed to operate on the least amount of fuel possible, owner went cheap and tried to jam twice as much air through it then the stock CV carburetors were ever designed to accommodate, so now that it is fitted with over-sized fuel jets it features huge flat spots in the power curve, won't return to idle, eats fuel like crazy, stumbles on take-off and basically performs like a noisy polluting wet turd.
    But owner loves the look.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ews
    Pods only if you get new carbs. the CV's will idle fine with pods, but as soon as you twist that throttle it will bog down like an Ethiopian pushing an 800 pound man in a wheel barrow.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links