CB500K Fork swap: Where to start?
Close

This is a discussion on CB500K Fork swap: Where to start? within the Technical forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Just picked up a used 1972 CB500, and I'm curious / interested in swapping forks, mostly because these are getting rusted out, and I'm worried ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Federicoca
  • 1 Post By TrialsRider

Thread: CB500K Fork swap: Where to start?

Just picked up a used 1972 CB500, and I'm curious / interested in swapping forks, mostly because these are getting rusted out, and I'm worried about safety / performance (much less concerned with appearance).

Problem is, I'm very new to motorcycling in general, and certainly to modding / mechanics, and no idea where to start with research / reading.

Can anyone suggest good / relevant reading and parts that are specific to CB500?

The manufacturers original Service Manual is always the best place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by roach374 View Post
    Just picked up a used 1972 CB500, and I'm curious / interested in swapping forks, mostly because these are getting rusted out, and I'm worried about safety / performance (much less concerned with appearance).

Problem is, I'm very new to motorcycling in general, and certainly to modding / mechanics, and no idea where to start with research / reading.

Can anyone suggest good / relevant reading and parts that are specific to CB500?
    Are you going to subsitute that forks with something newer or just make them works? Because if you want I have a pair of Marzocchi coming from a Morini Corsaro 1200 with 50mm diameter stem.

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk
    CaTacL1sm likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Federicoca View Post
    Are you going to subsitute that forks with something newer or just make them works? Because if you want I have a pair of Marzocchi coming from a Morini Corsaro 1200 with 50mm diameter stem.

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk
    Nice forks! but his existing front end only has 35mm stanchion tubes. He might as well just buy a modern bike rolling chassis and try to jam his old bone motor into it.
    Federicoca likes this.

If your new to bikes and mechanics buy an newer, roadworthy bike and learn to ride and maintain it. The only thing less fun then an undependable bike is a poorly modified undependable one.

If you are bent on throwing away good money and won't send it to me, then here is some reading. https://sites.google.com/site/alansdocuments/

Quote Originally Posted by roach374 View Post
    Just picked up a used 1972 CB500, and I'm curious / interested in swapping fork

Allballsracing.Com

They have a conversion table that will help. Stem lengths you need to measure to get an idea what goes to what the easiest.

Sponsored Links